Favorite Apple Recipes
With the hint of autumn in the air, here are my Favorite Apple Recipes to peruse. From decadent desserts to entrees, you’ll love them all!
No matter the season, I’ve got you covered with the best apple recipes! An Apple Crisp Recipe is made at least once every autumn. What is your favorite dish to make with apples?
Best Apple Recipes
Going through all the apple recipes on the blog, I realized that I DO have a penchant for apples! I love eating a Pink Lady or a Honeycrisp apple with my lunch, but cooking and baking easy apple recipes is truly a passion. Starting with breakfast and ending with desserts, here are some of the best apple recipes I’ve shared over the last 12+ years! Plus a few notable recipes from some of my blogger friends.
Best Apples for Cooking and Baking
There are some varieties of apples that are versatile enough for cooking, baking, and eating. Others are not as versatile. Here are some popular apple varieties (from Allrecipes.com):
- Braeburn – all-purpose, baking and eating
- Cortland – baking, salads
- Empire – all-purpose
- Fuji – eating, baking
- Gala – applesauce, salad, eating
- Golden Delicious – all-purpose cooking
- Granny Smith – all-purpose cooking
- Gravenstein – baking, sauce, cider
- Honeycrisp – eating, baking, applesauce
- Ida Red – baking, salads
- Jonathan – baking, salad, applesauce
- McIntosh – eating, applesauce
- Northern Spy – baking, juicing (my favorite pie apple)
- Winesap – baking, applesauce
Frequently Asked Questions
Use all your senses. Apples shouldn’t have a strong aroma but instead, have a pleasant fragrance. Check the skin for bruises, blemishes, or signs of decay. Pick firm apples. The skin should have a slight sheen or shine. Dullness may indicate older apples.
Visit local apple orchards or farmers’ markets during apple season for the freshest apples.
Depending on the variety, apples are harvested from late July to early November.
You May Also Like:
Whether cooking or baking apple recipes, I’ve got you covered. Lest this post gets too long, here are a few honorable mentions plus some from my favorite bloggers:
- French Apple Cake – a Dorie Greenspan recipe that has a high apple-to-batter ratio! It’s packed full of apple chunks.
- Fried Apple Pies – these apple turnovers or hand pies are absolutely delicious and provide built-in portion control
- French Apple Tart – with an applesauce filling and spiral of apples to finish it off, this is a dessert worthy of a Parisian patisserie.
- Tea Poached Apples – poached in sugar syrup, these lovely apple halves are a healthier, yet memorable dessert option!
- Classic Apple Pie – always a family favorite, this old-fashioned, best apple pie recipe can’t be beat
- Dutch Apple Pie – a crumb topping makes this a super easy apple pie, plus the streusel topping is irresistible!
- Maple Glazed Apple Tart – made with puff pastry with a touch of pure maple makes this the ultimate fall dessert (or breakfast treat!).
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cobbler – cobblers aren’t just for peaches!
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake – an amazing twist on the classic!
- 20 Apple Recipes for Fall from Wine and Glue
- Amazing Apple Recipes from Crazy for Crust