Apple Bundt Cake
When autumn rolls around, I get a hankering for a sweet apple dessert. So many choices we love: apple pie, apple crisp and how about all these delicious apple desserts??! But sometimes it’s time for something on the wild side, like this cream cheese filled apple bundt cake.
Throwing a birthday party for a dear friend was the perfect excuse to make a dessert that the picky hubby would just ignore. He’d devour a chocolate bundt cake, but an apple version would be snubbed unless he was desperate. Which translates to no Oreos in the pantry and even then, I’m not sure he’d bite even then. He’s a fan of apple pie and apple crisp, but apple breads, cakes, and muffins do not pass muster. Sigh.
Jazz It Up!
This Bundt cake recipe evolved from a couple versions I spotted in Southern Living. They were both finished with a praline frosting. But since I had a stash of my microwave caramel in the fridge, I warmed that up and served with just a drizzle. My experience with frosting Bundt cakes still haunts me!!! I prefer the easy route. Caramel goes with apples like peanut butter with jelly. I loved this cake; if you’re an apple dessert fan, you will, too!
Used in This Recipe:
- Bundt Pan, 12 Cup
- Vegetable Peeler
- Kuhn Rikon 10-Inch French Wire Whisk
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer
- 10-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
More Apple Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Deep Dish Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Apple Hand Pies with Cheddar Shortcrust from Edible Mosaic
- Dutch Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake from Handle the Heat
Apple Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
A wonderful spiced apple Bundt cake with a surprise in the middle!
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Total Time: 75 mins
- Yield: 12 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted* pecans, optional (I did not use)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and grated Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- Prepare Filling: Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended and smooth. Add egg, flour, and vanilla; beat just until blended. Set aside.
- Whisk together 3 cups flour and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in eggs and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples and pecans, if using.
- Spoon two-thirds of apple mixture into a greased and floured 12 or 14-cup Bundt pan. Spoon cream cheese filling over apple mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edges of the pan.Spoon remaining apple mixture over Cream Cheese Filling.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with butter and chocolate!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.