These exquisite Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic are the BEST way to eat lamb!! My mom introduced Bill to lamb one Easter, roasting a garlic crusted leg of lamb for the holiday.
He was an instant convert, but my preference is for these small tender chops when it comes to this cut of meat.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic
One Easter, my mom served us a leg of lamb studded with loads of garlic. Like many of her generation, she served it with a side of bright green mint jelly.
Instantly, Bill changed his tune about this cut of meat; he was officially a fan, though I can guarantee there was no mint jelly on his plate. For the record, the only mint that passes his lips are on his toothbrush! This flavorful marinade works perfectly–lemon, garlic and rosemary are some of the quintessential pairings with lamb. You can add more garlic and rosemary or substitute another herb like thyme or oregano. Even though we always had that day-glo green mint condiment on our table growing up, there’s no need with this lovely recipe for Grilled Lamb Chops.
A Julia Child Inspired Marinade
I rarely make a leg of lamb, but this Julia Child inspired marinade would also be perfect on the larger cut. Make a double batch and smear over the lamb the night before you plan to roast it. Your house will smell divine as the lamb cooks to a perfect medium rare. If my picky hubby enjoys these grilled lamb chops and marinated roast leg of lamb, I have a feeling your family will, too!
Happy Easter to all who celebrate. As Julia would say, Bon appetit!!!
More Lamb Recipe You’ll Love:
- Lemon Thyme Lamb Chops from The View from Great Island
- Glazed Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary
- Instant Pot Leg of Lamb from All Day I Dream of Food
- Slow Cooked Lamb and Dried Apricot Tagine
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Blackberry Glaze from Cookin’ Canuck
Adapted from Julia Child
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 6 lamb chops
- Mix all ingredients with enough olive oil to make a good paste. Cover lamb chops with this marinade and let rest in the fridge up to overnight.
- Grill to desired temperature and serve.
Note that there is a marinating time in addition to a cook time
Total time does not include marinating time.
Serving Size:2 lamb chops
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 1071mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g