If you’re a fan of ordinary pumpkin bread, you’ll be thrilled with this kicked up Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread with a ribbon of cheesecake!
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
What happens when you spread a layer of cream cheese in the middle of your pumpkin bread batter? A marvelous ribbon of cheesecake appears in every slice. This cream cheese filled pumpkin bread is a moist, spicy quick bread with a sweet surprise in the middle!
Three Happy Children
I actually made a triple batch of pumpkin bread and a double batch of filling. One plain loaf for Nick, the cream cheese naysayer. And two for the cream cheese fans. Bill won’t touch pumpkin except in pie, so one less palate to factor into the plan.
I thought of swirling in the filling, but marbleizing has never been my forte. Be sure not to overfill your pans (I may have a wee bit of experience with this situation!) and try to estimate when half the pumpkin batter is in the pan before adding the cream cheese mixture.
For my first attempt, I think these turned out rather well. One in the freezer for Katie, one back to Tom’s house, and one down to Bloomington for Nick and his roomies. I hope they’ll think of dear ol’ mom when they’re eating breakfast!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
- Cinnamon Crusted Pumpkin Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies from Wine and Glue
- Pumpkin Challah from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Caramel Frosting from Bless This Mess
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Used in This Recipe:
Simple Pumpkin Recipes #SundaySupper
Meals, Sides, and Snacks
- Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chia Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pastry Twists by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Miso Broth with Roast Pumpkin and Noodles by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Kugel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Mug Muffin by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Shrub by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Savory Pumpkin with Red Onion Garlic and Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites by Bites of Wellness
- Pumpkin Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Pumpkin Hand Pies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pumpkin Pot Au Creme by Cooking On The Ranch
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
Do not over-mix the batter or your bread will have tunnels. There will be some excess pumpkin batter, so reserve enough to make 2-3 muffins so your bread pans do not overflow. My bread pans are heavy duty and they took 1 1/2 hours to bake. Make sure to check and recheck your loaves with a toothpick so your bread is not underbaked.
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
For pumpkin bread::
Yield: 2 loaves
Total time: 2 hours
Do not over-mix the batter or your bread will have tunnels.
There will be some excess pumpkin batter, so reserve enough to make 2-3 muffins so your bread pans do not overflow.
My bread pans are heavy duty and they took 1 1/2 hours to bake. Make sure to check and recheck your loaves with a toothpick so your bread is not underbaked.
Note: This recipe was first shared in 2014. This recap is from one of my first blog conferences.
Just over a week ago, I took the trek to the west coast to attend the International Food Bloggers Conference in Seattle. This food blogger fest was hosted and organized by the terrific folks from Foodista.com and Zephyr Adventures. The weather was picture perfect with nary a drop of rain and The Taste of Seattle on Saturday night was a foodie’s dream! I was trilled to sample Noosa’s Pumpkin Yoghurt, Bigelow’s American Breakfast tea with an extra boost of caffeine, plus enter and win TWO giveaways: an Analon Skillet and a Ninja Blender!!! I learned about branding, food photography, food writing and lots more. But best of all was hanging out with my blogger friends!
Three of the most giving, kind food bloggers out there!!!
Joan of Chocolate, Chocolate and More
Dionne of Try Anything Once
First time meeting two of my long time blogger friends!
Crazy after hours shenanigans…loads of laughs with these gals!
Hanging out with my Dorista friends!
Bonus: Going out to dinner with my sister, Mary!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EFollow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.