Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are a dessert that will have folks lining up for the recipe! These are the BEST pumpkin bars you’ll ever encounter!
Killer Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
I’ve made these moist, fall-spiced pumpkin bars for numerous occasions. Nicknamed “Killer Pumpkin Bars” by some of my online foodie friends, you will agree there are the best pumpkin bars once you taste your first bite.
My kids adore pumpkin bread (don’t ask about the hubby as he only eats his pumpkin in pie), so it was no stretch to surmise that these would be a home run. And adding a nice layer of cream cheese frosting never hurt any dessert, at least in my book.
The BEST Pumpkin Bars for Pumpkin Week!
Hi, and welcome to #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you.
In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili, and pumpkin corn chowder. These killer pumpkin bars with cream cheese are one of our fall traditions!
Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections’ #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board! Don’t miss the pumpkin scones and palmiers that I will reveal soon.
Make sure to stock up on canned pumpkin. I know your family and friends will rave about these pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. My friends have told me they ARE the best pumpkin bars in the world. My family loves them and so will yours!!
Things you may need for this recipe:
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cake-like pumpkin bars topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting!
- Yield: 24 bars
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (one 15 ounce can)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted to remove lumps
- Candy pumpkins, optional, to garnish*
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 15 x 10 inch (jelly roll) pan.
- Stir flour, baking soda, spices and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat till smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix till well combined. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till cake springs back when lightly touched in the middle or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool completely and frost. Garnish with candy pumpkins if desired.
- To make icing: beat all ingredients together till smooth.
These freeze beautifully. You can make a half batch in an 8 x 8-inch pan, but start checking for doneness at the 20-minute mark.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
- Pumpkin Loaf by Love and Confections
- Lemongrass-Kissed Sankaya (Thai Pumpkin Custard) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- The Best Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Biscoff Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
- Pumpkin Peach Smoothie by Happy Food Healthy Life
- Egg and Pumpkin Breakfast Cups by Curious Cuisiniere
- Witches Eye Glass Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree by Life Tastes Good
- Pumpkin Orange Soup by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Macaroni with Kale and Creamy Pumpkin Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chickpea Samosas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pumpkin Scones by Making Miracles
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Pajama Chef
- Pumpkin Molasses Cookies by That’s My Home
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
*P.S. I found the cute little Wilton pumpkins made of royal icing at Target.