No-Bake Strawberry Fool
Any April Fool’s jokes will be forgiven if you feed your family this delightfully creamy and tasty No-Bake Strawberry Fool for dessert.
This old-fashioned dessert is made with only a few ingredients including sweet, ripe berries and whipped cream. This Fool Recipe is quick to make and incredibly tasty!
Why You Must Make
- Instead of making meatloaf topped with mashed potatoes that look like cupcakes or some other food trickery for April Fool’s Day, I took decided on another, more literal, direction.
- With only a few ingredients, a fool is a super easy recipe that’s rich and delicious.
- It’s the perfect way to showcase sweet spring and summer strawberries
How to Make
Light and creamy and redolent of ripe berries, this strawberry fool was a simple to make, yet elegant dessert.
- Mix diced berries with sugar and allow it to macerate or soften and exude juices.
- Add a touch of lemon juice to brighten the flavors.
- Next, gently fold the berries into sweetened whipped cream. Easy as can be.
- Divide among serving dishes (glass is very pretty), either 4 small or 2 larger dishes. This was a hit with my family; I know it will be with yours!
Frequently Asked Questions
I’d heard my mother-in-law talk about “fools,” meaning a dessert made of berries mixed into whipped cream, a dessert that dates way back to 16th century England.
Fools were traditionally made with gooseberries. Seemingly easy, the appeal and appropriateness of a no-bake strawberry fool for April Fool’s Day were too great to ignore.
Strawberry Shortcakes are my go-to recipe when strawberries are in season. This Strawberry Pie Dessert, Strawberry Mousse, and Fresh Strawberry Souffle are also magnificent strawberry recipes. Use them to top ice cream sundaes, in green salads, and in fresh fruit salads, too.
You May Also Like:
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled and medium diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries and mint to garnish, optional
- Place the diced strawberries, sugar, and salt in a bowl, lightly toss.
- Let steep for about 10 minutes, then mash to break up the berries into small bits.
- Add the lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat till medium peaks form.
- Fold the berries into the whipped cream.
- Divide the mixture into serving dishes, then put a dollop of the reserved berries in the center of each dessert. Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Use other favorite berries instead of strawberries. May adjust sugar amounts depending on the sweetness of the berries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.