This moist and Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread Recipe is an easy to make quick bread that’s a perfect autumn comfort food. It makes a lovely tea time, snack time or breakfast treat!
Studded with diced fresh apples and flavored with warm spices plus a splash of vanilla, this brown sugar apple bread recipe was outstanding!
Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread Recipe
I love making quick bread. They’re smaller than cakes and faster than yeast bread, yet still result in slices of a sweet deliciousness that can be served for breakfast or dessert. I gave up desserts for Lent and was truly hankering for something sweet. Fruit just wasn’t cutting it! I knew an apple loaf would be perfect. After Easter, I’ll be able to bake these Apple Cider Cupcakes and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream Cupcakes.
I took a few slices to my knitting friends and went home with just crumbs. One Granny Smith apple and one golden delicious was the perfect combination. The pairing of tart and sweet, firm and soft apples always works well in this cinnamon apple bread recipe.
Quick Bread Tips
I’ve made a ton of quick bread over the past few decades. Here are a few lessons I’ve learned:
- Once you add the dry ingredients (mainly the baking soda or baking powder), you do not want to overmix. Stir only till mixture is combined or you will get a tougher loaf with tunnels. The same goes when making muffins.
- Start checking about 15 minutes before your bread is due to be done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf. It should be nearly clean when pulled out. All ovens are different, so don’t feel obliged to pull out your loaf when the timer goes off. Make sure to do the toothpick test.
- If your loaf starts getting too brown, put a tent of aluminum foil over the top.
- Make sure your baking soda and baking powder have not expired. Old leaveners could result in a flat, too dense result.
- To ensure easy release of the loaf, line the bottom of the Loaf Pan with a rectangle of parchment paper after greasing. Grease the top of the parchment, too.
- I use Bakers Joy Non-Stick Spray, a mixture of oil and flour in a spray can, to grease my pans. If you just have a baking spray, that will work, too.
- Quick bread is often better the next day. Once your loaf has cooled, you can wrap it well in plastic and refrigerate overnight. But if you can’t wait, dive right in!
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love:
This versatile cinnamon-spiced apple bread is perfect for so many occasions, from dawn to dusk, or even as a midnight snack. Here are a few more of my favorite apple recipes.
- Fried Apples with Caramel Apple Sauce from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Deep Dish Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Apple Rings from Diethood
- Brown Sugar Apple Bread Recipe from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bars from Inside BruCrew Life
- Plus, this Zucchini Bread Recipe is a fan favorite!
- More of the Best Bread Recipes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced (I used one Granny Smith and one golden delicious)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar to top loaf, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a large loaf pan, then place a rectangle of parchment on bottom of pan and grease the top. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla till well blended. Stir in apples.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Then add to apple batter and mix only till combined. The batter will be thick.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check loaf after an hour, and tent with foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Remove parchment paper if it adheres to the bread.
- When fully cooled, wrap in plastic wrap to store. May be frozen up to 3 months.
My loaf pan was 9 x 5 inches. If yours is larger, you may need to adjust your baking times.