This tender, cinnamon spiced Brown Sugar Apple Bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert! So easy to make, too.
Brown Sugar Apple Bread
We are 6 months away from autumn. That’s when really I go crazy baking up all things apple. But sometimes, those cravings hit off season, so I grabbed a couple Granny Smith apples and baked a loaf of this apple quick bread. Using all brown sugar instead of white provided some caramel undertones while keeping the loaf from drying out. Plus, the grated apples practically melted into the batter, ensuring a super moist bread and even textured loaf.
Quick breads, like this brown sugar apple bread, make terrific gifts as they ARE quick as no yeast is involved. Plus, apples are available all year long, so you don’t need to restrict this recipe to the fall. If you need more inspiration, here are some tasty links to peruse: Quick Bread: A Holiday Gift from the Kitchen.
How to Make Apple Bread
This Apple Bread Recips is a quick bread, meaning it’s leavened with baking powder or baking soda instead of yeast.
Quick breads shouldn’t be mixed with a mixer, but instead mixed by hand. Over mixing produces tunnels throughout the bread.
Once the dry ingredients are added, gently mix until they’re incorporated. You do not want to overwork the gluten.
Prep your baking pan so the bread won’t stick. I like using a flour and oil cooking spray and lining the bottom of the pan with a rectangle of parchment paper.
Cool the bread for 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan to a cooling rack.
Enhancing Your Apple Loaf
The aroma of baked apples and cinnamon filled the kitchen and made my stomach do a few flip flops. After I inverted the loaf onto the cooling rack, I realized it needed a little bling. Baking bling means frosting or a drizzle of icing. Most of this loaf was going to some friends, so it deserved some enhancing. A little powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla was all that was needed to perk up this moist, yummy loaf! You could also dust the top with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar for a sweet, crunchy crust.
For quality control, I held back one slice for myself. Yup, it tasted as marvelous as its cinnamon scent foreshadowed! You may need to bake up one for yourself, and another to giveaway. Though I’d have a tough time parting with a loaf of this brown sugar apple bread!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Warm Apple Pie Bread from Spend with Pennies
- Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rhubarb Apple Bread from Two Peas & Their Pod
- Apple Monkey Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread from Mom on Timeout
- Apple Coffee Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
You May Need:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated (I used Granny Smith. If your apples are huge, use only 1 1/2 apples)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and line bottom with a rectangle of parchment, if desired. Grease parchment. Set aside.
- Mix together butter, oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs.
- In another bowl whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture until just combined (do not beat). Fold in apples
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Make icing by whisking together butter, milk, powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Drizzle icing over cooled bread.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 44mg Sodium: 248mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g