Brown Sugar Apple Bread Recipe
This tender, cinnamon-spiced Brown Sugar Apple Bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert! So easy to make, too.
Brown sugar is my secret ingredient for making a sweet moist Apple Loaf!
Why You’ll Love
- It’s a fun fall treat!
- If your kids are picky about textures, the grated apple in this bread recipe just melts away as it bakes.
- It’s a quick bread, meaning no yeast, and super easy to make!
When autumn arrives, I really go crazy baking up all things apple. But sometimes, those cravings hit during the offseason, so I grabbed a couple of Granny Smith apples and baked a loaf of this apple quick bread. Using all brown sugar instead of white provided some caramel undertones while keeping the loaf from drying out. Plus, the grated apples practically melted into the batter, ensuring a super moist bread and even textured loaf.
- Kitchen Staples – Vegetable Oil, Baking Soda, Flour, Salt, Ground Cinnamon, Milk
- Brown Sugar – When measuring brown sugar, pack it into the measuring cup.
- Butter – Melted. Salted butter is fine.
- Vegetable Oil – I use canola oil.
- Eggs – I use large eggs in all my recipes unless otherwise noted. Have them at room temperature for easier incorporation.
- Apples – Peel, core, and grate. Use medium-sized baking apples like Granny Smith.
- Powdered Sugar – Sift for the smoothest icing.
- Vanilla – Use real vanilla extract never artificially flavored. I use the Nielson-Massey brand.
- This Apple Bread Recipe is a quick bread, meaning it’s leavened with baking powder or baking soda instead of yeast.
- PRO-Tip: Quick bread shouldn’t be mixed with a mixer, but instead mixed by hand. Over-mixing produces tunnels throughout the bread.
- Once the dry ingredients are added, gently mix until they’re incorporated. You do not want to overwork the gluten.
- Prep your baking pan so the bread won’t stick. I like using a flour and oil cooking spray and lining the bottom of the pan with a rectangle of parchment paper.
- Cool the bread for 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan to a cooling rack. Any longer and it will be tough to get the loaf to release from the pan.
- Feel free to add some toasted walnuts or pecans if you want a little crunch in your bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brown sugar is essentially white sugar enhanced with molasses. The addition of molasses adds extra moisture to your recipes, therefore allowing for a moister result in your baking!
To add more texture, feel free to mix some toasted pecans into the batter. Drizzle the top with a simple powdered sugar frosting after it cools or add a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to the top of the batter before it’s baked.
Soda bread and muffins ( or breads using baking soda instead yeast) are the the most popular types of quick bread. Also included in this category are biscuits, scones, cornbread and popovers.
For quality control, I held back one slice for myself. Yup, it tasted as marvelous as its cinnamon scent foreshadowed! You may need to bake up one for yourself, and another to give away. Though, from experience, it’s tough to part with a loaf of this brown sugar apple bread!
You May Also Like:
- Warm Apple Pie Bread from Spend with Pennies
- German Apple Cake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread
- Apple Monkey Bread
- More Bread Recipes
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated (I used Granny Smith. If your apples are huge, use only 1 1/2 apples)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment, if desired. Grease parchment. Set aside.
- Mix together butter, oil, and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs.
- In another bowl whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture until just combined (do not beat). Fold in apples
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Make the icing by whisking together butter, milk, powdered sugar, and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Drizzle icing over cooled bread.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g