Brown Sugar Apple Bread Recipe
This tender, cinnamon-spiced Brown Sugar Apple Bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert! So easy to make, too.
Brown sugar is my secret ingredient for making a sweet moist Apple Loaf!
Why You’ll Love
- It’s a fun fall treat!
- If your kids are picky about textures, the grated apple in this bread recipe just melts away as it bakes.
- It’s a quick bread, meaning no yeast and super easy to make!
We are 6 months away from autumn. That’s when really I go crazy baking up all things apple. But sometimes, those cravings hit offseason, so I grabbed a couple of Granny Smith apples and baked a loaf of this apple quick bread. Using all brown sugar instead of white provided some caramel undertones while keeping the loaf from drying out. Plus, the grated apples practically melted into the batter, ensuring a super moist bread and even textured loaf.
Quick bread, like this brown sugar apple bread, make terrific gifts as they ARE quick as no yeast is involved. Plus, apples are available all year long, so you don’t need to restrict this recipe to the fall. If you need more inspiration, here are some tasty links to peruse: Quick Bread: A Holiday Gift from the Kitchen.
Tips for Making Your Apple Loaf
- This Apple Bread Recipe is a quick bread, meaning it’s leavened with baking powder or baking soda instead of yeast.
- PRO-Tip: Quick bread shouldn’t be mixed with a mixer, but instead mixed by hand. Over mixing produces tunnels throughout the bread.
- Once the dry ingredients are added, gently mix until they’re incorporated. You do not want to overwork the gluten.
- Prep your baking pan so the bread won’t stick. I like using a flour and oil cooking spray and lining the bottom of the pan with a rectangle of parchment paper.
- Cool the bread for 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan to a cooling rack. Any longer and it will be tough to get the loaf to release from the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Use Brown Sugar?
Brown sugar is essentially white sugar enhanced with molasses. The addition of molasses adds extra moisture to your recipes, therefore allowing for a moister result in your baking!
How Can You Enhance an Apple Quick Bread?
To add more texture, feel free to mix some toasted pecans into the batter. Drizzle the top with a simple powdered sugar frosting after it coolssss or add a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar before it’s baked.
For quality control, I held back one slice for myself. Yup, it tasted as marvelous as its cinnamon scent foreshadowed! You may need to bake up one for yourself, and another to give away. Though, from experience, it’s tough to part with a loaf of this brown sugar apple bread!
You May Also Like:
- Warm Apple Pie Bread from Spend with Pennies
- Rhubarb Apple Bread from Two Peas & Their Pod
- German Apple Cake
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread
- Apple Monkey Bread
- Zucchini Bread without Nuts
- More Bread Recipes
- OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler(affiliate links)
- USA Pan Bakeware Loaf Pan
- Wusthof Classic 6-inch Wave Knife
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated (I used Granny Smith. If your apples are huge, use only 1 1/2 apples)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and line bottom with a rectangle of parchment, if desired. Grease parchment. Set aside.
- Mix together butter, oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs.
- In another bowl whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture until just combined (do not beat). Fold in apples
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Make icing by whisking together butter, milk, powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Drizzle icing over cooled bread.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g