I fell hard for these Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies while babysitting decades ago. They’re so easy to make, with no oven needed. Plus, they’re a speedy way to get your chocolate peanut butter fix!
Despite having 3 younger sisters, I’m not so sure I was the world’s greatest babysitter. I remember being hired by a family around the block. The little guy was in a deep sleep before I arrived. So what’s a girl to do. This was before there were baby monitors, so I didn’t want to have the TV on. Or at least not on very loud. I roamed the house and found a pot sitting on the stovetop full of classic no-bake cookie batter. Since I knew it was meant for me, and I felt obligated to sample. Instantly smitten, my first taste of No Bake Oatmeal Cookies sold me.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
Over the years, I’ve had different varieties of no-bake cookies—some with coconut, some without peanut butter, and I happen to enjoy them all. They are super sweet and always conjure up memories of those tween-ager years when I could load up on sugar and burn it off in an instant! These No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies are enhanced by both peanut butter and chocolate!
Tips for Making the Best No-Bake Cookie Recipe
Totally made in a saucepan, these chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies are quick and easy. I used quick oats, but old fashioned rolled oats could work, too. It all depends on the texture you prefer. The sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa are brought to a boil in a large saucepan.
PRO-Tip: Essential to success is to wait until this mixture comes to a full, rolling boil, and let it boil for a full minute.
If you’re a bit uncertain, this is when a Candy Thermometer comes in handy. The goal temperature is 228° even though using a thermometer complicates what is a very simple recipe! After the minute is up, remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
If your no-bake oatmeal cookies look more like amoebas than circles, tap the sides with a spatula while the mixture is still warm. That’s a super trick for any misshapen cookie that is fresh out of the oven.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
These Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies will be the speediest dessert you’ll ever make, but here are a few more easy cookie recipes.
- Easy S’more Cookies from The Cookie Rookie
- Simple Meringue Cookies
- Chippy Bars
- Gooey Butter Bars
- White Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Chewy Butterscotch Cookies
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- Classic M&M Cookies
- Mini Pecan Pies (Pecan Tassie Cookies)
- Plus, for another easy dessert, check out this Chocolate Pudding Cake
- More Cookies Recipes
Ingredients for Your Classic No Bake Cookie Recipe Shopping List:
- Kitchen Staples: Sugar, Milk, Butter, Vanilla Extract
- Quick Oats (not Old-Fashioned Oatmeal)
- Cocoa Powder
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick oats, NOT old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is boiling, let it boil for one full minute, then remove from heat.
- Add the oatmeal, peanut butter, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie disher/scoop, scoop out tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Let rest at room temperature until cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g