I fell hard for these Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies while babysitting decades ago. So easy to make, they’re a speedy way to get your chocolate peanut butter fix!
Despite having 3 younger sisters, I’m not so sure I was the world’s greatest babysitter. I remember being hired by a family around the block. The little guy was in a deep sleep before I arrived. So what’s a girl to do. This was before there were baby monitors, so I didn’t want to have the TV on. Or at least not on very loud. I roamed the house and found a pot sitting on the stove top full of no bake cookie batter. I knew it was meant for me, and I felt obligated to sample it. I was instantly smitten with my first taste of no bake cookies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Over the years, I’ve had different varieties of no bake cookies—some with coconut, some without peanut butter, and I happen to enjoy them all. They are super sweet and always conjure up memories of those tween-ager years when I could load up on sugar and burn it off in an instant! I’ve loved them all.
Tips for the Best No Bake Cookies
Totally made in a saucepan, these chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies are quick and easy. I used quick oats, but old fashioned rolled oats could work, too. It all depends on the texture you prefer. The sugar, milk, butter and cocoa are brought to a boil in a large saucepan.
PRO-Tip: Essential to success is to wait until this mixture comes to a full, rolling boil, and let it boil for a full minute.
If you’re a bit uncertain, this is when a Candy Thermometer comes in handy. The goal temperature is 228° even though using a thermometer complicates what is a very simple recipe!After the minute is up, remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
If your no bake cookies look more like amoebas than circles, tap the sides with a spatula while the mixture is still warm. That’s a super trick for any misshapen cookie that is fresh out of the oven.
More Easy Cookies You Will Love:
- Easy S’more Cookies from The Cookie Rookie
- Simple Meringue Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies from Rachel Cooks
- Chippy Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Almond Joy Cookies from Mom on Timeout
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies from TexanErin Baking
Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
A super easy cookie recipe with that fabulous pairing of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, No-Bake
- Method: Boiling, No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is boiling, let it boil for one full minute, then remove from heat.
- Add the oatmeal, peanut butter, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie disher/scoop, scoop out tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Let rest at room temperature until cool.