Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes are unique homemade cheesecake desserts, perfect for your holiday dessert buffet. Top with a single raspberry and watch them disappear.
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes
I make variations of these mini mascarpone cheesecakes for all sorts of events. Some with graham cracker crusts, others with chocolate cookie crusts and now these, with Biscoff crusts.
Flavored with a bit of dark chocolate, plain old vanilla, or the extract of your choice, they are two bite, scrumptious little numbers. To jazz the mini mascarpone cheesecakes up even more, I topped them with small dollops of raspberry coulis and perfectly plump red raspberries.
But I’ve also decorated these babies with dark chocolate and white chocolate ganache crowned with colorful M & M’s. Red and green candies are perfect for Christmas, but fall colors work for Halloween and Thanksgiving or pastels for Easter. You get the picture.
Then I shook these up even more by adding some of my homemade mascarpone for an Italian flair. Plus I stripped them of their dull white paper baking suits and set them into festive holiday wrappers. To ease the removal process, freeze the mini cheesecakes, then remove the original cupcake liners. They look ready for our Progressive Eats Holiday Desserts party today, don’t they???
November’s Progressive Eats
Welcome to another edition of Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a progressive dinner party. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
This month’s theme is Great Holiday Desserts hosted by Jenni of Pastry Chef Online. Cookies, cakes, pies and more for your holiday party planning! Jenni is the one to contact if you ever have a baking conundrum. Besides being a stupendous baker, she’s kind, generous and hilarious.
Great holiday desserts, including mini mascarpone cheesecakes:
- Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon and Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Bourbon Cajeta Apple Butter Goat Cheese Cheesecake
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes
- Vanilla Rum-Chocolate Chestnut Saint Honoré
Pies and Tarts
You may need these items to make the mini mascarpone cheesecakes:
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes
Versatile mini mascarpone cheesecakes! Garnish to suit your whim!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake, Holiday
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian-American
- 1/2 cup Biscoff cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- Raspberry sauce, raspberries for garnish
- Line mini muffin tin with 20 paper liners. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Place 1 teaspoon into the bottom of each lined muffin cup. Tamp it down to cover bottom of cup and to compress the crumbs. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and mascarpone in a medium bowl till smooth. Mix in sugar, then vanilla. Mix in the flour. Add egg and beat till just combined.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of batter and carefully place over crusts. Smooth tops with offset spatula. Bake for 18-20 minutes till puffed, but not browned. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- When cool, remove cheesecakes from tin to decorate. Top each with a small dollop of raspberry sauce and one ripe raspberry. Alternatively you can make a white chocolate ganache by melting 2 ounces chopped white chocolate and 1 tablespoon heavy cream and use instead of the raspberry sauce.