Coeur a la Creme with Raspberry Sauce
This dreamy Coeur a la Creme with Raspberry Sauce is made to impress! Made in the classic heart-shaped mold, it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or anytime you need an impressive dessert!
Like a No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe, this heart-shaped dessert is ultra-creamy, decadent, and impossible to resist going back for seconds!
Why You Must Make
- This dessert is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- It’s rich, luscious and perfect for special occasions.
- You can buy the specialized ceramic mold or use my suggestion with items you already have in your kitchen!
How to Make
- Line your basket, mold, or colander with cheesecloth.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add to the lined mold.
- Cover the top with cheesecloth, place over a dish to catch the whey or the moisture that will drain, and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, unwrap the top and invert onto a serving dish.
- Don’t be concerned if you don’t get a lot of moisture drained from your mold, it will vary on the brand of ingredients you use.
- To serve, place the coeur a la creme on a serving plate. I put mine over a big ruby puddle of raspberry sauce, but you can use the sauce as a topping instead, then garnish with luscious fresh berries.
- It would be equally as wonderful with a strawberry sauce, just use the best ripe berries you have available. Hubby definitely enjoyed this, even though there was no chocolate in sight.
- It has a similar taste and texture as cheesecake, so make it for any cheesecake lover in your life. And with the heart shape, it’s perfect for wedding anniversaries, Valentine’s Day and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coeur à la crème is a French phrase that translates to Heart with Cream.
Coeur a la Creme is pronounced KEWR ah la KREHM.
You do not need any specialized cookware to make this dish. Just line an ordinary bowl with a double layer of cheesecloth, add the cream mixture, fold the cheesecloth over top to cover, and place the wrapped mixture in a strainer over a bowl. Refrigerate as directed. It will not be heart-shaped but it will delight your taste buds nonetheless!
You May Also Like:
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Chocolate Coeur a la Creme
- Classic Creme Brulee
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pie Dessert
- More of my Best Dessert Recipes
For Coeur a la Creme:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam, I used Bonne Maman and strained the seeds
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other orange or berry liqueur
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Change to a whisk attachment and mix tin the heavy cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and vanilla bean seeds on low, then increase mixer speed to high until the mixture is very thick, like whipped cream.
- Line a coeur a la creme dish or a sieve with a piece of cheesecloth (large enough to drape over sides). Place over a bowl to catch any liquid drainage.
- Scrape the cream mixture into the dish and fold cheesecloth over top. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the sauce, combine fresh raspberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Mix in jam and Grand Marnier. Put mixture in a food processor and pulse till smooth. Chill.
- To serve, unmold coeur a la creme onto a serving plate. Drizzle the sauce around the perimeter and garnish with fresh berries.
Note that this dessert requires an overnight chilling/draining time.
My mold will not hold all the coeur a la creme, so I place the excess into small ramekins.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 2gSugar: 55gProtein: 5g