Haricot Verts with Grape Tomatoes
We just returned from a two-week holiday, and then turned around and went to my soon to be college freshman’s 2 day orientation on campus. With life still a bit chaotic, I decided to share a very simple vegetable side dish with you all today.
Often just a few quality ingredients are needed to make a most tasty dish like these haricot verts with grape tomatoes. And if you’re looking for more fabulous sides for the holidays, check out this roundup of vegetable sides.
Easy and Impressive Vegetable Side Dish
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love:
- Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe with Rosemary from Cookin’ Canuck
- Roasted Autumn Vegetables with a Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan and Basil from Rachel Cooks
- Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Bread Crumbs
- Crack Broccoli from A Beautiful Plate
Haricots Verts with Grape Tomatoes
Scrumptious Haricots Verts with Grape Tomatoes recipe adapted from All Recipes via my friend, Patti
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2–2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped or cut in thin strips
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, whole or cut in half
- Cook green beans till just tender; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook till just soft. Add green beans and basil and toss gently.