Roasted Cauliflower Converted My Husband!
The Joys of Roasted Vegetables
Vegetables caramelize and sweeten when cooked with intense, dry heat. I will never steam cauliflower again. The addition of Parmesan and bread crumbs just provides additional flavor and texture. I’m still working on my 17 year old, but I’m sure he’ll be converted into a roasted cauliflower fan one of these days!
For a heartier cauliflower dish, check out this Cauliflower Bacon Gratin. Bill gave it his seal of approval, too!
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Bread Crumbs
Roasting cauliflower with Parmesan and bread crumbs will make anyone love this maligned vegetable!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Vegetable, Side Dish
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch florets
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Toss florets with olive oil, then add bread crumbs and Parmesan and toss again. Spread out over large baking sheet, making sure the florets are not too crowded…you don’t want them to steam. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 30-40 minutes, till tender and browned slightly.
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 45 minutes
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots from Your Homebased Mom
- Spinach Souffle
- Pesto Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
- 3 Ingredient Roasted Potatoes with Crunchy Onions from The Food Charlatan