Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter is my go-to recipe when this delicious vegetable is in season. A simple sauce of brown butter, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar is drizzled over perfectly roasted asparagus.
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
I adore roasted asparagus. It’s so easy to prepare and superior in taste to steaming or boiling. I typically roast and top with freshly grated Parmesan ala Ina Garten or us this easy sauce to make asparagus with balsamic brown butter. I prep the asparagus stalks by bending the ends till the woody base breaks off. I suppose peeling would be less wasteful, but I prefer this lazy method.
An Easy and Elegant Side Dish
Then I toss the asparagus with a wee bit of olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and even a nice grating of black pepper if desired. While it is roasting, simply melt and simmer a bit of butter till gets browned with a nutty aroma, then add soy and balsamic vinegar. Voila, this roasted asparagus with balsamic brown butter is as easy as pie. Well, actually a lot easier than pie. You simply must add this to your spring menu!
More Asparagus Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chopped Asparagus Salad from The View from Great Island
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Boursin
- Cream of Asparagus Soup from Well Plated
- Asparagus Topped Eggs with Hats
- Chicken and Asparagus with Three Cheeses from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- More Side Dishes
- 1 or 2 bundles of asparagus, washed with woody stems broken off
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425º. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt. Roast 9-14 minutes, till tender. Shake pan at the halfway point to allow for even roasting.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and cook till lightly browned. Add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over cooked asparagus.
More Favorite Side Dishes:
Photo circa 2010