White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake is not only gorgeous but absolutely scrumptious. A food blogger friend told me she thought her mom made the best cheesecake until she tried this homemade cheesecake recipe. The best cheesecake – how’s that for an endorsement??!
Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
We were invited to a dear friend’s house for dinner. Six of us, the wives all foodies, would pitch in to complete the menu. I would make dessert, natch! One of the husbands has made it known how much he loves cheesecake, so my wheels started turning. I had printed off this recipe in 2005, so it was high time I gave it a shot, with some major tweaks, of course.
Rave Reviews Across the Board
Steve, the cheesecake fan, was thrilled with this Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake. A scientist by trade and curious by nature, he queried about the difference between this cheesecake and others I have made. It was definitely ultra creamy, even velvety smooth.
My guess was that leaving it out on the counter while we noshed on appetizers and then plated and ate our dinner was key. It made slicing most difficult, but the softer texture was sublime. I normally don’t add flour and cream to my cheesecake batter, but I don’t think those small amounts created any earth shattering changes. After dinner, our hostess commented that my cheesecake usurped her dear mother’s as the best ever.
Cheesecake fanatics will love this raspberry swirl cheesecake recipe!!!
To make this raspberry swirl cheesecake, you may need:Print
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
A luxurious cheesecake with white chocolate and a gorgeous raspberry swirl topping! Adapted from Bake and Freeze Chocolate Desserts.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 12-16
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
White Chocolate Cheesecake::
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries to garnish, optional
- Mix together crust ingredients and pat into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and place it in a large baking pan (I use my roaster). Set aside.
- To make the raspberry sauce, purée the raspberries in a food processor. Press the raspberries through a strainer to remove the seeds. Add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and the lemon juice to the strained puree. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl by starting and stopping the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour. Add the eggs,one at a time, mixing smooth after each addition, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla and whipping cream. Stir in the melted white chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of raspberry sauce over surface of cheesecake, leaving space between each dollop. Avoid getting any too close to the edge of the pan. You may not need to use all your sauce (I used about ½ cup).Dip the spoon about ½ inch into the batter and swirl some of the sauce into the batter making a marbleized pattern. Do not over swirl.
- Put the cheesecake in the oven and pour hot water into the large baking pan to reach 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan. Bake about 1 hour or until the top appears set.
- Cool the cheesecake in the water bath for 1 hour. Remove the pan and cool on the countertop for another hour. Chill at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Set out on the counter for an hour before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
Other Favorite Cheesecake Recipes:
Skinny Chick Tips on how to Make a Perfect Cheesecake
BHG Post on how to Make a Cheesecake
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love:
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake from Spend with Pennies
- Brown Butter Pecan Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Cheesecake in a Loaf Pan from Dessert for Two
- Easy Sour Cream Cheesecake with Caramel Apples from That Skinny Chick Can Bake