I’m a sucker for coconut and these Chewy Coconut Cookies were a cinch to prepare and fulfilled a major craving.
I could not keep my hands off from this Coconut Cookies Recipe! So soft, buttery and perfect for anyone who loves a good Coconut Dessert. They’re addictive!!!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.
Chewy Coconut Cookies
I’m still in party prep mode…and I keep finding recipes I must try. I adore coconut but typically can’t justify baking a batch cookies just for myself…as I am the only coconut fanatic in this house. These coconut cookies kept calling to me until I caved, rationalizing that these will be great for my open house.
The recipe came from Jennifer’s blog. You will love her gorgeous food photos and darling little girl, Indigo. She made these even more delectable by glazing half and sprinkling with coconut. I was just too lazy to do this extra step or maybe it was the sugar induced coma I was in after sampling this addicting cookie dough. My only tweak was to add an extra quarter cup of flour to the recipe to give them a little more poof!
Tips for Making This Coconut Cookies Recipe
- As with most cookie recipes, start with room temperature butter and eggs. This will allow the ingredients to incorporate more efficiently.
- I like to use a cookie disher cookie disher to make evenly sized cookies.
- Do not use a mixer to mix in the flour or if you do, use the paddle attachment and mix only until incorporated. Over mixing will activate the gluten and make tough cookies and the mixer whisk will incorporate too much air and change the cookies’ texture. I like to use a wooden spoon.
- I like to use half baking sheets and line with parchment for easy cleanup.
- You can reuse the parchment sheets for a couple batches of cookies, then toss them.
- Store your coconut cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze the leftovers so they don’t get stale.
More Coconut Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1/2 cup butter. at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with brown sugar and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla, then flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add coconut.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g