Just four simple ingredients and you can have these sublime Coconut White Chocolate Truffles for your sweet tooth’s pleasure!
This Easy Coconut Candy recipe makes a perfect hostess or holiday gift for any coconut lover you know! Super simple and delicious.
Coconut White Chocolate Truffles
Growing up, I had a penchant for those coconut bonbons in those boxes of chocolates that made the rounds on Valentine’s Day. Then my mom started making Mounds Bars and I fell deeper in love with coconut desserts.
But white chocolate was a more recent addiction–if it was around when I was a child, it wasn’t prevalent in central Iowa. Today is one of those rare occasions when I can combine both these favorites. This recipe for coconut white chocolate truffles is one that anyone can make—especially since it has so few ingredients and steps!
Tips for Making These FOUR Ingredient Coconut Truffles
Can you even believe that you can make a rich, decadent and totally irresistible dessert with only FOUR simple ingredients??? Well, this coconut candy recipe is your proof.
- I chopped a bar and a half of good quality white chocolate, melted it with some heavy cream then whisked in a splash of vanilla bean paste. I recommend using a Ghirardelli bar or other white chocolate bar instead of lesser quality chocolate chips.
- Make sure to finely chop your chocolate so it melts easily and evenly.
- It’s super easy to make ganache (chocolate melted with heavy cream) in the microwave. Just do it slowly. Depending on the power of your microwave, zap for 15-30 seconds, stir and repeat until the chocolate is almost totally melted. The residual heat will finish the job.
- Once chilled and scooped, roll the balls of ganache in coconut and voila, truffles!
- If you’re not a coconut fan, try rolling these gems in chopped nuts (pistachios are my new crush), sprinkles, or if you dare, chocolate melts.
- Make these white chocolate truffles to suit your own preferences and you’ll love every nibble.
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup coconut or more (I used angel flake sweetened coconut)
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Add cream and microwave gently, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals, till mixture is smooth.
- Chill for at least an hour or till firm.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment and scoop out rounded teaspoons or tablespoons of ganache onto prepared pan. Chill again for at least an hour.
- Roll ganache between palms to make nice spheres, then roll in coconut. Store in refrigerator.
Total time does not include 2+ hours of chilling time.
Serving Size:1 truff
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 18mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g