White Chocolate Popcorn – If you need a homemade holiday gift or snack for any gathering, this yummy snack fits the bill! Sweet and irresistible!
Move over caramel corn, there’s a competitor in town! This White Chocolate Covered Popcorn is lightly coated with white chocolate and will disappear quickly whenever it’s served!
Holiday White Chocolate Popcorn
I adore popcorn. When I was in college, I considered a big batch of popcorn a perfectly acceptable meal. Even when we were dating, Bill would roll his eyes when my funds were tight and I’d choose to buy a chic sweater over groceries. Popcorn always came to my rescue if I was hungry. So it’s no surprise that I wanted to make a huge batch of this Holiday White Chocolate Covered Popcorn. I could have eaten every last crumb myself!
White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
This is a snack I made for my book club gathering. I think my friends were expecting an exotic, complicated recipe when they asked about this white chocolate popcorn. It couldn’t be simpler. I popped a couple of bags of microwave popcorn. I prefer those labeled “natural” to avoid any artificial butter flavorings. Then I tossed it with a bag of melted white chocolate chips with a touch of vegetable oil.
Easy as pie, and equally as delicious as pie. I added in some autumnal hued M&M’s for some color in this candy popcorn. The red and green ones that appear around Christmas transform this into a fun holiday treat. Other additions such as nuts, dried fruit, and other candies would taste incredible, too. Just toss in your favorites. And check out my caramel corn recipe if you’re a popcorn addict like me!
Book Club Selections:
For those of you who love to read, here is a list of the books my book club has read and discussed over the past 16 years.
- 2 bags "natural" flavored microwave popcorn (I used Orville Reddenbacher brand), popped, unpopped kernels removed
- 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup M&M's, I used a bag with fall colors for my autumn book club
- Gently melt white chocolate chips with vegetable oil in microwave, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds or so, till smooth. Put popped popcorn in a very large mixing bowl. Pour melted white chocolate over popcorn, gently tossing. Quickly sprinkle with M&M's and continue tossing till most of popcorn is coated.
- Spread popcorn onto large baking sheet and allow to cool completely. Break apart large pieces to serve. Best on day made.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g