I was heading to northern Minnesota for a family reunion. Of course, baked goods were expected! These tasty, buttery White Chocolate Raspberry Bars were boxed up, loaded in my suitcase, through TSA to a Northwoods cottage where they got rave reviews!
White Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Two of my favorite ingredients in one cookie bar, raspberries and white chocolate! I couldn’t help but lick the bowl (quality control and all!) and the flavors were just perfect. A little almond extract added a magnificent boost of flavor, and I never can pass up a white chocolate dessert! 2/3 of the cookie dough batter infused with melted white chocolate made up the base of the bars. After baking, a thin layer of raspberry preserves was spread over the hot bars. The rest of the batter, this time studded with white chocolate chips, was dolloped over the surface before a second stint in the oven. It was nearly impossible to let them cool before diving in.
The only glitch was that the chocolate chips did not completely melt after sitting in the hot butter, so I had some chunks in the bottom layer. But, what the heck, they’re still divine! Next time I may chop up a bar and a half of Ghirardelli white chocolate as I find that melts better than the chips. My sister, Maddy, ate one of these white chocolate raspberry bars before going to bed and then had a crazy dream about eating the most incredible desserts in her life. I think that says it all!!
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another fabulous recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on these out of this world berry bars as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Raspberry Crumb Bars
- White Chocolate Berry Pudding Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
- Easy White Chocolate Easter Bark from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 5 Minute White Chocolate Fudge from Crazy for Crust
- White Chocolate Mousse with Frangelico from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Bake White Chocolate Thin Mints from The View from Great Island
- White Chocolate Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
White Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Delicious buttery raspberry bars with a double dose of white chocolate! Adapted from Nestles via Hugs & Cookies XOXO
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 47 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 7 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter and sugar 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Add 1 cup white chocolate chips and let stand without stirring.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in the morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt, and almond extract, then mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack. Leave oven on.
- Heat the jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on high power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.