Raspberry crumb bars are a simply irresistible bar dessert! I baked up these delectable Raspberry Crumb Bars when my mother-in-law was visiting. She and Bill both raved about these jam filled bars with the generous streusel topping!
Raspberry Crumb Bars
When I spotted the bar dessert recipe for these gorgeous raspberry bars on Danielle’s blog, the thick layer of crumbs reeled me in. Bill loves raspberries, so there were no worries that he wouldn’t fall for these gems.
And with his mom in town for a couple weeks, I crossed my fingers hoping she’d be a fan, too. My barely 5-foot tall mother-in-law was 88 pounds when she graduated high school, 88 pounds when she graduated nursing school and 88 pounds when she got married. She’s a whopping 90 pounds now—nearly matching her age.
She’s a gem of a lady and regaled us with funny stories from when she and my father-in-law owned a pharmacy in small town Illinois. We sat around the dinner table laughing and catching up. And my goal was to put at least a few ounces on her petite frame while she was visiting. And, yes, she loved these raspberry crumb bars.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month. Bill and his mom both loved these marvelous raspberry bars!!! And me, too. Go ahead and tweak these with your favorite jam—but I highly recommend this raspberry version.
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe, as well as her social media sites!
A couple of things you may need to help you make the Raspberry Crumb Bars Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Powdered sugar
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- With handheld mixer blend all crust ingredients till well combined. Pat into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes till lightly golden. Set aside to cool for about 40 minutes.
- Spread raspberry jam evenly over cooled crust.
- Using mixer, blend the butter and brown sugar till well combined. Mix in the vanilla then the flour and mix till the flour is incorporated. Using your hands, pinch the dough to make large crumbs and sprinkle over the raspberry jam. It looks like a lot, but use them all! Bake 25-30 minutes till golden. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve if desired.
If freezing, do not sprinkle with powdered sugar until defrosted.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g