Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites are the perfect bite sized dessert recipe to make for any holiday occasion. The creamy, luscious chocolate covered cheesecake bites are especially wonderful added to a dessert buffet for Christmas, New Year’s or any time you have company.
Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites
Our household celebrates St. Nicholas Day, Christmas and New Year’s Day with chocolate. It’s just a given. I mix up batch after batch of fudge to give away, reserving just enough for the family to have a square or two each day. Plus I spend days baking up cookies and stirring pots of molten sugar for my famous English toffee.
But I like to shake things up just a bit, so this year I decided to make some chocolate dipped cheesecake bites for a change of pace. Plated with some fresh fruit, these gems are the perfect treat for unexpected company or when the family gathers to watch an old holiday movie or football game. I’ll have a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio ready to uncork along with beer and soft drinks. We’re set!
What to Serve on a Dessert Buffet
Dessert buffets have become my specialty. For each of the three high school graduations our family hosted, I made desserts. Of course!
- I like to make sure there’s something for everyone. Here are the categories to cover: vanilla, chocolate, lemon, nutty, peanut butter, spiced and creamy.
- You don’t have to fill them all, but remember, there are always a few people who don’t eat nuts or chocolate.
- Fruit is always nice for those who want healthy fare. Vary your colors for a nice visual display.
- Add cheese to the fruit tray for some protein. Nuts are nice, too.
- A nice sharp cheddar is generally well received. Even a round or wedge of Brie with crackers is a crowd pleaser.
- Cashews, pistachios or almonds are my go-to nuts for parties.
Suggestions for Bite Sized Desserts and Cookies:
- Killer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
- M & M Cookies
- Caramel Topped Mini Cheesecakes
- Twix Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Bar Cookie Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
Kitchen tools needed to make the chocolate covered cheesecake bites recipe:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate (6 Ghirardelli bars)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 8 or 9 square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 49 squares. Remove a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
- Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Place on parchment lined baking sheets; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate over each. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.