Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites are the perfect bite sized dessert recipe to make for any holiday occasion. The creamy, luscious chocolate covered cheesecake bites are especially wonderful paired with a glass of Gallo Family Vineyard’s wine.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Celebrating the Holidays with Cheesecake Bites and Wine!
Our household celebrates St. Nicholas Day, Christmas and New Year’s Day with chocolate. It’s just a given. I mix up batch after batch of fudge to give away, reserving just enough for the family to have a square or two each day. Plus I spend days baking up cookies and stirring pots of molten sugar for my famous English toffee.
But I like to shake things up just a bit, so this year I decided to make some chocolate dipped cheesecake bites for a change of pace. Plated with some fresh fruit, these gems are the perfect treat for unexpected company or when the family gathers to watch an old holiday movie or football game. I’ll have a chilled bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards’ Pinot Grigio along with their Cabernet Sauvignon to offer to our friends who drop in to say hello. Once I break out the chocolate and wine, folks tend to stay for a while!
I love to have a stash of Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines for holiday guests. Gallo’s Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon are two of my favorites. Wine connoisseurs may disagree with me, but I love sipping on Pinot Grigio with absolutely everything. The citrus notes in Gallo’s Pinot Grigio are absolutely delightful with salads, rich seafood and acidic foods. Gallo’s Cabernet Sauvignon is a dry, full-bodied wine which pairs wonderfully with roasted and grilled meats and bold cheeses. Plus its blackberry and black currant notes are lovely with chocolate. I better pick up a few more bottles!
Gallo is committed to helping Meals on Wheels America to improve the health and quality of life for the seniors they serve. For the sixth year in a row, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with their annual Every Cork Counts™ program. They’re donating $1 for every cork submitted through their website or snail mail. All Gallo Family fans have to do is snap a picture, or send their corks! See why I love Gallo???
Where to Find the Latest from Gallo
- Check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ Website. I love that each wine is described in detail and food pairings are offered as well.
- Gallo’s Social Media Sites: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram – Youtube
- Find Gallo wine near you with their Store Locator
- Plus Gallo has a terrific Blog Post on celebrating the holidays. Make sure to check it out for more inspiration.
Kitchen tools needed to make the chocolate covered cheesecake bites recipe:
Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites
Lovely little cheesecake nibbles adapted from The Taste of Home.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 49 squares 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate (6 Ghirardelli bars)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 8 or 9 square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 49 squares. Remove a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
- Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Place on parchment lined baking sheets; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate over each. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
More Celebratory Wine Pairings from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers:
- Bacon Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Ball from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Brie with Cranberries & Almonds from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Best Bar Nuts from Shockingly Delicious
- Lamb Seekh Kebabs from Soni’s Food
- Mediterranean Turkey Pita Bites from Magnolia Days
- Roasted Garlic Onion Dip from Food Done Light
- Roasted Cranberry Crostini from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Cheese Crostini from Fearless Dining
- Italian Hoagie Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roast Duck with Mole Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Seafood Cannelloni from Palatable Pastime
Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Bread Pudding from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chocolate Cups Filled with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Berries from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse from Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Truffles from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Panna Cotta from The Freshman Cook
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Orange Scented Whipped Cream from Recipe for Perfection
- Dark Cherry Chocolate Cheese Danish from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Plus don’t miss the Seasonal Wine Pairing Tips by Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.