A cookie dough cheese ball makes the perfect holiday dessert! This simple, 5-ingredient dessert recipe makes a lightly sweetened cream cheese ball covered with festive chocolate candies.
Festive Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
I brought this holiday treat to my knitting group. Within minutes, the swooning began, the recipe was discussed and the mound of sweetness began to disappear. Kate mentioned how her friends adore this recipe, too. She had it decked out in a coat of chopped pecans, but since it’s December, I grabbed my bag of holiday colored M&M’s and created a Christmas version. It’s a breeze to make, just combine softened cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and some mini-chocolate chips. I added a splash of vanilla extract, too. Kate served hers with animal crackers, but any plain cookie or shortbread will do.
It’s the second Wednesday of the month and that mean’s it’s Blogger CLUE Day. I knew I’d find the perfect recipe on my assigned blog. I think the hubby was the biggest fan of all—there was just a wee bit left in the fridge and he would not let me dispose of it. A winner all around. Thanks, Kate!!!
Check out all the other Blogger CLUE celebratory recipes this month:
- A Savory Cheesecake by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Black Forest Trifle by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Blueberry Lemon Bars by Anna from annaDishes
- Bourbon Apricot Meatballs by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Cheesy Garlic Blooming Loaf by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Cookie Dough Cheese Ball by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Handcrafted Baileys Irish Cream by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Henri’s Tastee Dressing by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Party Meatballs by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- San Permis Sparkling Cocktail by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Tartiflette by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- The Randy Reindeer by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie Soufflés by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Find Kate’s recipe on her blog, Kate’s Kitchen.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 c butter, at room temperature
- 3 T dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c mini chocolate morsels
- 1/2 c finely chopped pecans (or use M&M's)
- Animal crackers, Biscoff cookies or graham crackers
- Whip the cream cheese and butter. Whip in the brown sugar and powdered sugar. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Chill for several hours. I did mine overnight. Then, mold into a ball and roll in the finely chopped pecans or cover with M&M's. Serve with dippers of your choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g