If you love caramel, these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars will make you swoon with every nibble. Each bite of these buttery bars is sheer bliss.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
During the holidays, I make loads and loads of sweets, especially cookies. But there are times when you need a decadent treat, but don’t want to spend time with scooping and baking individual pans of cookies. That’s why I love cookie bars….and these caramel chocolate chip cookie bars were extraordinary. What took them over the top was the Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce that was nestled between layers of chocolate chip cookie dough. Swooning here…I just had to lick the measuring spoon AND cup.
I happened to connect with a Hoosier entrepreneur who decided to feed his philanthropic passion by creating a line of gourmet product with the finest ingredients…and donating profits to charities which benefit families and children across the world. Best Boy & Co. offers an array of caramel and fudge sauces, BBQ sauces and mustard. Founded in 2007, they give “special attention to natural ingredients, fair trad and organic if feasible” blending in recipes to “create a unique and superior tasting experience.” I second that!
I shared these with my friends along with the raspberry streusel bars I posted last week. The gals wanted to know where I bought my chocolate, how to get this specific Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce, and when the recipe would be posted. You know it’s a winner when the room grows quiet as everyone is chewing their first bite…right before the deluge of questions. So even though you could use a store bought or homemade caramel sauce in this recipe, you may want to give this Best Boy product a try. I think you’ll be in heaven like my sweet girlfriends. You’ll thank me, I promise. And Best Boy gift boxes make terrific holiday presents. I am always searching for delicious consumables for my friends and family….as most of us have too much “stuff’ already. Remember that a purchase from Best boy also contributes to helping needy families and children…it’s a win-win.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Delectable buttery cookie bars with a boost from both caramel sauce and chocolate chips!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with non-stick aluminum foil, to help remove bars from pan after baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together. In a second bowl, combine the butter and both sugars, mixing until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix to completely incorporate. Add the dry ingredients and mix till combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pat half the batter evenly in bottom of pan. Pour the caramel sauce over the cookie dough, leaving just a little space around the edges. Dollop the remaining cookie dough over the caramel. Carefully pat dough with your fingertips to distribute.The caramel will not be totally covered.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the bars are golden brown and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack. Let the bars cool completely before lifting them out of the pan and cutting into squares to serve.