White chocolate Frangelico cheesecake is truly a unique homemade cheesecake dessert! Two additions to a traditional cheesecake recipe turn this White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake into something extraordinary!
White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake
My daughter, Katie, orders cheesecake practically every time we dine out. She is a big time fan. So when a group of bloggers decided to celebrate National Cheesecake Day (am I the only one who is always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to foodie holidays?), I knew I’d have to participate.
This White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake features what I consider an exquisite marriage of flavors. First is the addition of melted white chocolate to the batter. Plus, the Italian hazelnut liqueur adds a sublime undertone to an already exquisite cheesecake.
National Cheesecake Day
Since it IS National Cheesecake Day, I thought I’d share my tips for making the BEST cheesecake:
- Make sure your eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream and/or cream are at room temperature.
- You can hurry along the process by setting the eggs in a bowl of warm water to take the chill off.
- Set the cream cheese and any other dairy ingredients out on the counter about an hour before mixing to take the chill off.
- Use the paddle attachment of your stand mixer to mix the batter.
- Do not whip or over mix the batter. You don’t want to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, just until each is incorporated.
- Bake in a shallow bain marie or water bath to minimize cracking. This step helps the cheesecake bake evenly and at a controlled temperature.
- Wrap your springform pan well in heavy-duty foil to protect any water from getting into the pan while baking. Double wrap if your pan is known to be leaky. This prevents any of the bain marie water from having access to the crust.
If you’d like to learn how to make white chocolate curls, check out my instructions on this Vanilla Cake post.
There are a couple of important kitchen tools you’ll need to make your white chocolate Frangelico cheesecake:
- Electric stand mixer–you’ll want to use the paddle attachment to mix this and any other cheesecake batter.
- 9-inch springform baking pan–springform pans are made with a bottom piece along with a side piece that can be released from the base. They are a must for making cheesecakes as they allow for easy removal of the dessert for display and serving.
Check the other extraordinary cheesecakes from my blogger friends:
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Thanks so much for my sweet friend, Roxana, for coordinating this event!!! We were roomies at BlogHerFood in Miami.Print
White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake
A creamy, decadent cheesecake flavored with white chocolate and Frangelico liqueur
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- One 9-ounce package chocolate wafers (I use Nabisco Famous Wafers), processed into fine crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds (three 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter and pat into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes, then set on rack to cool while making filling. Decrease oven temperature to 325º.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low for a minute, scrape down sides of bowl, then slowly add sugar while continuing to mix on low. Add melted chocolate and mix just till combined. Add vanilla and Frangelico and mix just till incorporated. Mix in eggs, one at a time on low, just till incorporated, scraping bowl as needed,
- Wrap your springform pan in a layer of heavy-duty foil and place it into a roasting pan. Pour batter into springform pan and smooth top if needed. Pour hot water into the roasting pan till it comes about a couple inches on sides of the springform pan. Carefully place a roasting pan in oven and bake about 60 minutes or till the top is a bit golden and almost totally set. Remove from water bath, then remove foil and allow to come to room temperature on cooling rack. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Decorate with white chocolate curls if desired.