Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake combines 3 of my favorite dessert foods: Cheesecake, Chocolate and Caramel! This decadent homemade cheesecake recipe does not disappoint!
As a cheesecake fanatic, I couldn’t resist this candy bar inspired dessert with a thick creamy cheesecake layer, a generous ganache topping and a luscious drizzle of caramel sauce. Pure bliss!!!
We were entertaining Bill’s partners and their wives. I knew I needed a showstopper of a dessert. This Twix Cheesecake, sliced and doused with homemade caramel sauce, was the perfect solution!
I was inspired by Hugs & Cookies XOXO by this amazing recipe which started with the famous Junior’s cheesecake recipe. Danielle made an easy 3-minute caramel sauce and I turned to my microwave caramel sauce. Both are fabulous and add that necessary caramel component of the Twix Bar to this dessert.
A thick layer of ganache provided the requisite chocolate. Are you swooning yet??? Our guests certainly did!
Tips for Making a Twix Cheesecake
This impressive dessert will get raves from everyone who takes a bite! Dreamy cheesecake, a thick layer of silky ganache and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce is a trio of deliciousness. Here are some hints for making this recipe perfectly!
- Don’t feel you need to make this whole dessert in one day. Cheesecakes taste best after being refrigerated overnight and they also freeze wonderfully. Make the cheesecake a couple days or even a month before you plan to serve this dessert.
- Cheesecakes are easy to make once you know a few basic rules: have all your ingredients at room temperature, especially the cream cheese and eggs and use the paddle attachment when mixing. Check out all my tips for baking a perfect cheesecake!
- I love my easy microwave caramel sauce to garnish the slices (link listed above) and Danielle uses packaged caramels for a simple shortcut. If you have your own favorite caramel sauce recipe, you can definitely use that, and a premium jarred brand works well, too.
- For a simple, yet impressive, garnish, place a ring of Twix bars around the perimeter of the cheesecake.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
To help you make this Twix cheesecake, you might want to get:
More Twix Inspired Recipes You’ll Love:
- Twix Bar Brownies from Recipe Girl
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Twix Fudge from Inside BruCrewLife
- Homemade Twix Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Twix Bar Cookies from Your Home Based Mom
Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake
A decadent combination of cheesecake, chocolate and caramel!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1 /2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 40 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate bars, chopped (I use Ghirardelli)
- Fun-sized Twix bars, optional
- To make crust, combine all ingredients and press into a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes. Let cool. Keep oven on to bake cheesecake.
- To make cheesecake, using a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, beat 1 package of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch together on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Blend in the remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar, then the vanilla.Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the cream just until completely blended.
- The filling will look light, creamy, airy, and almost like billowy clouds. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently scrape out the the batter onto the crust. Wrap the sides of the pan in aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes halfway (about 1 inch) up the side of the springform pan. Bake until the top is a very light golden brown and the center barely jiggles, about 1¼ hours. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Chill until cold.
- To make the caramel, combine all in a heat proof bowl and microwave in 1 minute intervals until completely smooth and blended. Stir after each minute. Let cool a bit. You will only need about half of the caramel for this cheesecake.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream just to a boil and pour over the chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- To assemble the cheesecake, pour about half the caramel into the center where the center has deflated down a bit. Chill just to firm up the caramel. (Note: I totally forget this caramel step!) Pour on the chocolate ganache and chill several hours or overnight. Top with fun-sized Twix bars if desired.
- To serve, carefully remove the springform pan sides. Cut into slices and serve with caramel sauce.
*Making my microwave caramel sauce is an alternative to this caramel recipe, but it won’t be as thick.
I forgot to add the caramel sauce before the ganache. If you do add a caramel layer, it will ooze out a bit when you slice this cheesecake.