Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake
Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake combines 3 of my favorite dessert foods: Cheesecake, Chocolate, and Caramel! This decadent homemade cheesecake recipe does not disappoint!
As a cheesecake fanatic, I couldn’t resist this candy bar-inspired dessert with a thick creamy cheesecake layer, a generous ganache topping, and a luscious drizzle of caramel sauce. Pure bliss!!!
Why You Must Make One of My Best Cheesecake Recipes
- We were entertaining Bill’s partners and their wives. I knew I needed a showstopper of a dessert. This Twix Cheesecake, sliced and doused with homemade caramel sauce, was the perfect solution!
- Bringing this out of the fridge during the dinner hour allowed the cheesecake to get the chill off and become ultra-creamy. It got rave reviews!
- Only a sliver is needed to satisfy your sweet tooth, so this is the perfect dessert for a party!
I was inspired by Hugs & Cookies XOXO by this amazing recipe which started with the famous Junior’s cheesecake recipe. Danielle made an easy 3-minute caramel sauce and I turned to my microwave caramel sauce. Both are fabulous and add that necessary caramel component of the Twix Bar to this dessert. A thick layer of ganache provided the requisite chocolate. Are you swooning yet??? Our guests certainly did!
Tips for Making a Twix Cheesecake
This impressive dessert will get raves from everyone who takes a bite! Dreamy cheesecake, a thick layer of silky ganache, and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce are a trio of deliciousness. Here are some hints for making this recipe perfectly!
- Don’t feel you need to make this whole dessert in one day. Cheesecakes taste best after being refrigerated overnight and they also freeze wonderfully. Make the cheesecake a couple of days or even a month before you plan to serve this dessert. The crust and cheesecake layer will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer if wrapped well. I like to keep it in the pan, wrap it in plastic wrap, then foil.
- PLEASE NOTE: Danielle added a layer of caramel between the cheesecake and ganache, but I prefer using the caramel to top each slice as I serve dessert.
- PRO-Tips: Cheesecakes are easy to make once you know a few basic rules: Have all your ingredients at room temperature, especially the cream cheese and eggs and use the paddle attachment when mixing. Check out all my tips for baking a perfect cheesecake!
- I love my easy microwave caramel sauce to garnish the slices (link listed above) and Danielle uses packaged caramels for a simple shortcut. If you have your own favorite caramel sauce recipe, you can definitely use that, and a premium jarred brand works well, too.
- For a simple, yet impressive, garnish, place a ring of Twix bars around the perimeter of the cheesecake. It gives your guest a clue to the flavor of the cheesecake.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- Cooling Rack
- Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate, 4-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6, which is enough for 2 Twix Cheesecakes!)
More Chocolate Caramel Recipes You’ll Love:
- Twix Bar Brownies from Recipe Girl
- Double Chocolate Twix Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Twix Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Tart
- Plus, check out this Mini 4 Inch Instant Pot Cheesecake
- And for Christmas, you might like this iconic English Trifle recipe.
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Cheesecake Recipes
- 1 1 /2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 40 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used three 4-ounce Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars)
- Fun-sized Twix bars, optional
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes. Let cool. Keep oven on to bake cheesecake.
- To make cheesecake, using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat 1 package of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch together on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Blend in the remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar, then the vanilla. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the cream just until completely blended.
- The filling will look light, creamy, airy, and almost like billowy clouds. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently scrape out the batter onto the crust. Wrap the sides of the pan in aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes halfway (about 1 inch) up the side of the springform pan. Bake until the top is a very light golden brown and the center barely jiggles for about 1¼ hours. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Chill until cold.
- To make the caramel, combine all in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 1-minute intervals until completely smooth and blended. Stir after each minute. Let cool a bit. You will only need about half of the caramel for this cheesecake.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream just to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let sit for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- To assemble the cheesecake, pour about half the caramel into the center where the center has deflated down a bit. Chill just to firm up the caramel. (Note: I did not add a caramel layer, but instead drizzled each slice with caramel as I served).
- Pour on the chocolate ganache and chill for several hours or overnight before unmolding from the pan. Top with fun-sized Twix bars if desired.
- To serve, carefully remove the springform pan sides. Cut into slices and serve with caramel sauce.
*Making my microwave caramel sauce is an alternative to this caramel recipe, but it won't be as thick.
I forgot to add the caramel sauce before the ganache. If you do add a caramel layer, it will ooze out a bit when you slice this cheesecake. I recommend leaving the caramel as a topping instead of a layer.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 780Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 9g