These luscious Twix Cheesecake Bars are a tasty way to get your homemade cheesecake fix without all the calories of one slice of a traditional cheesecake. Of course, you’ll probably want to go back for seconds!
My Cheesecake Recipe starts with a graham cracker crust, then a rich, sweet cheesecake batter filled with chunks of chocolate, caramel and cookie filled Twix bars, then topped with a glossy chocolate ganache. Are you drooling yet??? Scroll down for the recipe or click on the Jump to Recipe button below.
Why You Should Make these Cheesecake Bars
- Much as we love a decadent cheesecake recipe around here, it’s a lot for our family to consume. Cheesecake bars to the rescue!!
- With a graham cracker crust, perfectly luscious vanilla cheesecake filling plus numerous options for add-ins, then a glossy ganache topping make an extremely enticing dessert!
- Chopping Twix mini bars were a delicious addition to the filling and either chopped or crushed candy are added to the ganache topping for an extra bit of crunch and yumminess!
Are you unfamiliar with the Twix bar? They have a shortbread base topped with a caramel layer before being encased in chocolate. They come in stick form, so they’re narrower than your typical candy bar. My Twix Cheesecake is one of the most popular posts on the blog, so if you’re a Twix lover, you’ll want to bake one up for a special occasion.
Tips for How to Make Cheesecake Bars
- If you’re out of graham cracker crumbs but have graham crackers at home, you can easily make some in your food processor. Break up the graham cracker sheets into smaller pieces and pulse in the food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Use the bottom of a measuring up to pat the crumb mixture into the pan. This helps keep the layer level.
- Always use room temperature cream cheese and eggs for the silkiest filling. They incorporate much better than if cold from the refrigerator.
- Use the paddle attachment to mix the filling to keep it dense and delicious! The whisk attachment will add too much air into the batter.
- For plain cheesecake bars, just leave out the Twix bits in the filling and on top of the ganache. Or add some mini chocolate chips instead!
More of the Best Cheesecake Recipes
- Cannoli Cheesecake Bars from Snappy Gourmet
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- More Tips and Cheesecake Desserts
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package of Twix mini bars, smashed or chopped (9.7 ounces), about 2 cups when measured
- 3 extra mini bars to crumble for top garnish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bars, chopped
Preheat oven to 325.
Mix crust ingredients and press into sides and bottom of 9x13 inch pan lined with nonstick foil. Bake 10 mins and let cool.
Lower oven temperature to 300.
Using the paddle attachment of your mixer, if you have one, beat the cream cheese and sugar on low to combine. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula a couple of times during the process.
Add flour and mix, then add the sour cream and mix.
Then add one egg at a time, mixing until combined before adding the next. Then add the vanilla. Fold in the Twix pieces and pour over the crust.
Drop pan gently on the counter to release air bubbles. Then place in the oven
Bake 1 hour. When the timer goes off, turn the oven off, but leave the pan in the oven for 30 more minutes. Do not open the door.
Remove from over to the cooling rack. When cool, chill.
When chilled, make the ganache.
To make the ganache, microwave cream until almost at a boil in a micro safe bowl.
Remove and add the chopped semisweet chocolate. Cover the bowl with a plate or paper towel for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
Pour onto the cold cheesecake bars and use an offset spatula to smooth across the top if needed. Sprinkle with reserved
Return to the refrigerator until set.
Sprinkle candies on while top still tacky.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.