This Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake is a perfect special occasion dessert. Each layer alone is incredibly delicious, but all together, they form an exquisite grand finale for your meal. Nothing beats a marvelous homemade cheesecake! It’s been way too cold to even think about ice cream, let alone a hot fudge sundae.
When it’s too chilly to eat a big ice cream sundae, this Brownie Cheesecake recipe will hit the spot! The thick layer of hot fudge will seal the deal.
Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
Back to a happier subject, this amazing brownie cheesecake. First, a most dreamy vanilla cheesecake was layered over a thick fudgy brownie base. Then in true hot fudge sundae style, the whole shebang was topped with homemade fudge sauce, whipped cream and cherries!
This is one of the richest cheesecakes you’ll ever encounter. Don’t think about the calories, it’s for one of those infrequent diet splurges. I’ve stated that this cheesecake serves 16, but even the thinnest slices will satisfy your sweet tooth. You may be able to serve even more than 16.
Tips for Making the Best Cheesecakes:
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature, especially the cream cheese, but including the eggs, cream and/or sour cream depending on your recipe. This will help ensure a smooth batter. Just take them out of the refrigerator about an hour before you plan to start mixing.
- Use the paddle attachment so no unnecessary air is beaten into the batter. If you only have a hand mixer, just be careful not to over mix.
- When you add in the eggs, mix them in one at a time and only until just combined.
- Baking in a water bath, or bain marie, can help prevent the top from cracking. But when you are topping the finished cheesecake with fudge sauce, sour cream, lemon curd, etc, any cracks will not be noticeable.
- Like most desserts, a cheesecake will slice easiest when cold, but it will be at it’s creamiest if it’s brought out of the refrigerator an hour or up to 2 hours before serving.
You Might Need:
- 9-inch springform pan – a great basic size for making cheesecakes
- stand mixer – this stand mixer comes with the paddle attachment needed for cheesecakes
- candy thermometer – is perfect for making this hot fudge, candies and more!
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
More Fudgy Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Fudgy Toffee Flourless Brownies from Mom on Timeout
- Hot Fudge Cake Ice Cream Sundae from Big Bear’s Wife
- Simple Fudgy Brownies
- Fudgy Brownie Pie
- Fudgy Brownie Trifle
- Fudgy Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Fudgy Brownie Trifle
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
- Chocolate Recipes
Stay tuned for an easy, game day appetizer recipe on Wednesday! These Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Tribelli Peppers are perfect for your easy entertaining needs and are utterly irresistible!!! But until then, get out your mixing bowls and make this outrageously delicious Brownie Cheesecake!Print
Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
This Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake is a perfect special occasion dessert. Each layer alone is incredibly delicious, but all together, they form an exquisite grand finale for your meal.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- My fudgy brownie recipe* or your favorite box mix
- Four 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Grease a 9-inch springform pan that’s at least 3 inches deep and set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
Make brownies and scrape batter into pan. Partially bake, about 20 minutes. Then decrease the oven temperature to 325º. Remove to cooling rack and prepare the cheesecake batter.
Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1 package of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch together on low until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times.
Blend in the remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar, then the vanilla.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Then beat in the cream just until completely blended. Do not over mix.
Spoon the cheesecake batter over the partially baked brownie layer. If your pan is not deep enough you may have excess batter**. Do not fill to the rim but leave at least 1/2 inch of space between the top of the batter and the top of the pan.***
Bake for 70-80 minutes or until almost set in the middle. To test, using pot holders, gently wiggle the cheesecake back and forth. When only the center jiggles a bit, it’s done.
Make hot fudge. In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and swirl it around in pan to coat sides.
Add corn syrup and chocolate and stir until chocolate melts.
Add both sugars, cream and salt and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil.
Using a candy thermometer, boil gently for 7 to 9 minutes, without stirring, until the sauce is thickened and candy thermometer reaches 220-224º. Remove from heat.
Pour the fudge sauce into heatproof bowl or 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Whisk in vanilla. Set aside to cool completely. Pour enough to fill the middle of the cake, then chill cheesecake overnight if possible.
Before serving, garnish with whipped cream and cherries!
* I used this fudgy brownie recipe
**Excess batter can be baked in a small pan or ramekins if desired.
***I filled my pan too full, but gently pressed down on the top when it came out of the oven. Danielle’s cheesecake had cracks. Any flaw will be covered with hot fudge, so don’t sweat it!