These One Bowl Fudgy Brownies are just plain spectacular. First, they are rich and fudgy; second, they are made in just one bowl; and finally, they are outrageously delicious.
One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
I have made these one bowl fudgy brownies numerous times for my family, for guests and as part of meals I’ve delivered to friends. My oldest, Tom, was off for a weekend bachelor party, and I had a feeling a bunch of twenty-some year old guys would have the beverages planned, but not the food.
I offered to send a tray of goodies which included lemon bars, chocolate caramel streusel bars and my best fudgy brownies. Of course, he was delighted with this idea. And I was told quite a few of these goodies disappeared on the drive down to their destination.
The Best Fudgy Brownies
I have used Martha Stewart’s suggestion to dip the bottom of these brownies in granulated sugar numerous times. It prevents the brownies from sticking together when stacked plus gives a nice sugary crunch to every tasty bite.
Over the years, I’m mastered the technique for how to cut perfect cookie bars and brownies. Cooling, then refrigerating definitely helps. And more of my favorite brownie recipes and more brownie recipes can be found by clicking the links.
These are perfect to take to any gathering, and are one of the simplest desserts you’ll ever make. Add these one bowl fudgy brownies to your baking repertoire. They’re guaranteed to get rave reviews.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Coffee Cream Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Simple Fudgy Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesecake Truffle Brownies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- S’mores Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Mint Brownies from Wine and Glue
You May Need:
8″ square baking pan–I love this brand’s quality when it comes to baking pans and sheets.
Nonstick foil–I use this whenever I bake brownies or bar cookies
Chocolate Bars–my go-to brand for making brownies and chocolate desserts
One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
Delectable fudgy brownies made in one bowl!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Category: Dessert. Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 8″ square baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving a 1″ overhang on two sides. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave gently until butter and chocolate are melted (30 seconds x 3, stirring in between sessions). Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir sugar into chocolate till combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Bake until cake tester comes out of center with just a few moist crumbs, 40-45 min. Cool completely on rack. Run knife around perimeter of pan and lift brownies out of pan using parchment. Cut into 2 inch squares. May dip bottoms in granulated sugar to stack.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook.
For easier slicing, place pan in the freezer for one hour before cutting.
- Calories: 231kcal
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg