These One Bowl Fudgy Brownies are just plain spectacular. They are rich and fudgy, made in just one bowl; and finally, they are outrageously delicious.
Easy Fudgy Brownies are a dream come true! With just a few ingredients and minimal equipment, they’re perfect for the new baker and yummy enough for a seasoned cook!!
One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
I have made these one bowl fudgy brownies numerous times for my family, for guests and as part of meals I’ve delivered to friends. My oldest, Tom, was off for a weekend bachelor party, and I had a feeling a bunch of twenty-some year old guys would have the beverages planned, but not the food.
I offered to send a tray of goodies which included lemon bars, raspberry streusel bars and my best fudgy brownies. Of course, he was delighted with this idea. And I was told quite a few of these goodies disappeared on the drive down to their destination.
Tips for Making the Best Fudgy Brownies
With a limited number of ingredients, you’ll want to use the best ingredients possible, especially the chocolate. Here are a few tips for making easy fudgy brownies.
- I like to use semi-sweet chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips in this recipe. Chocolate chips usually have some additives to help them keep their shape while baking, so I prefer a chocolate bar that will melt easily.
- Ghirardelli bars are easy to find at most markets and are what I use most often. They’re more reasonably priced than European chocolates, but if you want to splurge, go for it.
How to Melt Chocolate
- I find it easiest to melt my chocolate in the microwave. Just chop your chocolate well, and microwave gently. I do it in 30 second increments, stopping to stir frequently, until chocolate is smooth.
- To make sure you don’t overheat the chocolate, which can make it lumpy, pull out the bowl when there are very small pieces of unmelted chocolate left. They will melt with the residual heat from the melted chocolate.
Helpful Tools to Make Brownies
- Mix by hand so no extra air is incorporated into the batter. I like to use a wooden spoon, then a silicone spatula to scrape the batter into the pan. An offset spatula is the perfect tool for smoothing the top of the batter.
- I line the baking sheet with non-stick foil. This helps you easily remove the baked and cooled brownies to a cutting board to slice. Plus it prevents the brownies from sticking to the sides and bottom of the pan without having to grease.
Tips for Baking, Serving and Cutting Fudgy Brownies
- Do not overbake or your fudgy brownies will not be fudgy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with just a few moist crumbs, not liquidy batter.
- I have used Martha Stewart’s suggestion to dip the bottom of these brownies in granulated sugar numerous times. It prevents the brownies from sticking together when stacked plus gives a nice sugary crunch to every tasty bite.
- Over the years, I’m mastered the technique for how to cut perfect cookie bars and brownies.
- Cooling, then refrigerating definitely helps. And more of my favorite brownie recipes and more brownie recipes can be found by clicking the links.
- PRO-Tip: For those of you who live at a higher altitude, a friend tested these for me twice and they had a big air pocket under the top crust both times. The lack of leavening other than eggs apparently messes with the outcome so take note if you live in a mountainous area.
These one bowl fudgy brownies are perfect to take to any gathering, and are one of the simplest desserts you’ll ever make. Add these easy fudgy brownies to your baking repertoire. They’re guaranteed to get rave reviews.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Coffee Cream Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Simple Fudgy Brownies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Kahlua Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- Cherry Brownies
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies
- Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Recipes
To Make These Easy Fudgy Brownies, You May Need:
8″ square baking pan–I love this brand’s quality when it comes to baking pans and sheets.
Nonstick foil–I use this whenever I bake brownies or bar cookies
Chocolate Bars–my go-to brand for making brownies and chocolate desserts
One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
Delectable fudgy brownies made in one bowl!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert. Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 8″ square baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving a 1″ overhang on two sides. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave gently until butter and chocolate are melted (30 seconds x 3, stirring in between sessions). Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir sugar into chocolate till combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Bake until cake tester comes out of center with just a few moist crumbs, 40-45 min. Cool completely on rack. Run knife around perimeter of pan and lift brownies out of pan using parchment. Cut into 2 inch squares. May dip bottoms in granulated sugar to stack.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook.
For easier slicing, place pan in the freezer for one hour before cutting.