Get your chocolate fix with this delectable Fudgy Brownie Pie! Easy and a crowd pleaser!
A simple pastry crust is filled with rich, dense chocolate brownie batter before baking into a decadent, chocolate lovers’ dessert!
Fudgy Brownie Pie
I am pretty much guaranteed a happy family when I bake up either chocolate chip cookies or brownies. Granted, both have to be nut-free, and if I happen to work in frosting or extra chocolate, the praise is magnified. But sometimes I need to shake things up a bit.
How about baking brownies as a pie filling? And topping it with whipped cream? Yes, you guessed it. This fudgy brownie pie drew accolades from the entire family.
Tips for Making a Brownie Pie!
This is a super easy recipe even if you make your own pastry crust. Plus, the one bowl brownie filling only takes minutes to prepare!
- If you’re not one who likes to roll out a homemade pastry shell, this brownie filling can easily be poured into a pre-made crust. In fact, the shorter profile of the store-bought version will allow the filling to come right to the rim for a picture-perfect presentation. Even a graham cracker crust would be delicious!
- This fudgy brownie recipe is one of my favorites. Just melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the pie shell and bake! So simple and perfect for chocoholics!
- To cut perfect slices, chill your brownie pie first. Bring to room temperature before serving to get the full fudginess of this dessert.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce or sweetened whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Your fudgy brownie pie will be a dessert to remember!
My family also loves these simple One Bowl Fudgy Brownies, my go-to recipe for a quick chocolate fix. This decadent Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake and this Brownie Trifle are two over the top brownie recipes you’ll want to save for special occasions…or ordinary occasions! I also have my eye on these Peanut Butter Brownies and these World’s Best Caramel Brownies.
- One unbaked 9-inch pastry shell (not deep dish), homemade or store-bought
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- If using homemade pie crust, fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave using 30-second increments till chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Mix in sugar and let cool for a couple minutes
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 40 minutes or till crust is brown and top of brownies is appears set. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 34g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g