Fudgy Brownie Pie
Get your chocolate fix with this delectable Fudgy Brownie Pie! Easy and a crowd-pleaser! Wedges of this rich pie will thrill any chocoholic.
A simple pastry crust is filled with rich, dense chocolate brownie batter before baking into a decadent, chocolate lovers’ dessert!
Why You Must Make
I am pretty much guaranteed a happy family when I bake up either chocolate chip cookies or brownies. Granted, both have to be nut-free, and if I happen to work in frosting or extra chocolate, the praise is magnified. But sometimes I need to shake things up a bit.
How about baking brownies as a pie filling? And topping it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Yes, you guessed it. This fudgy brownie pie drew accolades from the entire family.
- This is a “fancier” way to serve brownies! Still a comforting dessert, but a little more elegant.
- Chocolate Chips are added to the brownie batter to give an even bigger dose of chocolate. White chocolate chips, toasted nuts, or chocolate chunks are other additions to consider!
- For a casual meal, serve the wedges plain. For company, break out some different flavors of ice cream and toppings!
- You could even pipe some chocolate frosting around the edge of the crust for a wow factor!!
- Kitchen Staples – Sugar, Eggs, Flour
- Unbaked Pastry Shell – Good quality store-bought is fine. Regular, not deep dish.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – I use Ghirardelli bars as they’re better quality. In a pinch, chocolate chips can be used.
- Butter – I use salted. If you prefer unsalted, add a little more salt to the batter.
- Vanilla – Always use pure vanilla extract, never artificial vanilla for the tastiest results
- Salt – Salt is a flavor enhancer. Your desserts will taste flat without salt. Table salt is best for baking.
This is a super easy recipe even if you make your own pastry crust. Plus, the one-bowl brownie filling only takes minutes to prepare!
- If you’re not one who likes to roll out a homemade pastry shell, this brownie filling can easily be poured into a pre-made crust. In fact, the shorter profile of the store-bought version will allow the filling to come right to the rim for a picture-perfect presentation. Even a graham cracker crust would be delicious!
- This fudgy brownie recipe is one of my favorites. Just melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the pie shell and bake! So simple and perfect for chocoholics!
- To cut perfect slices, chill your brownie pie first. Bring to room temperature before serving to get the full fudginess of this dessert.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce or sweetened whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Your fudgy brownie pie will be a dessert to remember!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, and you don’t even need to use a pie crust. Just grease the pie plate for easier removal. You may need to adjust the baking time depending on the recipe. Once you hone in on the proper baking time for your brownies in a pie pan, make sure to make a note of it for your next batch.
This recipe takes 40 minutes for the brownies to set and the pie crust to brown. The timing will vary depending on your oven and what filling recipe you use. You’ll know the pie is done when the middle of the brownies looks set and the pie crust is lightly browned.
Cut in wedges just like any other pie. Serve plain or go wild with the toppings: ice cream, whipped cream, berries, sauces, etc.
You May Also Like:
- World’s Best Caramel Brownies from Wine and Glue
- One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
- Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- Brownie Trifle
- More Homemade Chocolate Recipes
Fudgy Brownie Pie
Brownie batter baked in a pastry shell for an irresistible chocolate pie!
- One unbaked 9-inch pastry shell (not deep dish), homemade or store-bought
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- If using homemade pie crust, fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave using 30-second increments till chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Mix in sugar and let cool for a couple minutes
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 40 minutes or till crust is brown and top of brownies is appears set. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Add some toasted nuts for a Derby Pie!
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
45 Comments on “Fudgy Brownie Pie”
This won’t last long in my house when I make it, Liz! Looks like a wonderful dessert!!
Brownies in a pie, it can’t get any better.
So rich and fudgy – love this!
Brownie pie?! Genius!
This is chocolate heaven! I bet this disappears fast!