Perfectly roasted, this Strawberry Glazed Salmon is healthy and scrumptious! A quick, flavorful strawberry sauce is used as a glaze, then spooned over the seafood to serve. This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Strawberry Glazed Salmon
Bright, beautiful and fragrant Florida strawberries have finally made their way into the Indianapolis markets. The season for these delicious, ripe, winter berries runs from December through April. They were my inspiration for making this healthy Strawberry Glazed Salmon for my family.
I love serving this Strawberry Salsa Topped Salmon, but with wind chills below zero, it seemed way too summery. Instead, I combined more earthy, savory ingredients including shallots, garlic, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard along with juicy sliced strawberries to enhance the salmon. Simmered until thickened, this mixture made a quick strawberry glaze to brush on and serve with my roasted salmon.
Easy, Elegant Roasted Salmon
Nick was home for winter break, and as long as he doesn’t have to cook it, he eats it. The picky hubby, on the other hand, needed to give it his seal of approval before this Strawberry Glazed Salmon was declared blog worthy.
It was love at first bite. The tangy strawberry glaze paired well with the sweet wild salmon. A heavenly match. This glaze would also be wonderful on chicken, but the pairing with salmon won me over!
Florida Strawberry Facts
I finally spotted some beautiful berries in the market. And they smelled like strawberries! When I glanced down at the package, I saw Plant City, Florida, on the label. Florida strawberries had finally made their way north!! For local readers, I have spotted Florida strawberries at Meijer, Whole Foods and Fresh Market. As mentioned above, they are in season from now until April.
Besides tasting amazing, these berries have great nutritional value! 8 strawberries have more Vitamin C than one orange, are fat free and rate 100 on Yale’s Overall Nutrition Quality Index, providing the most vitamins and minerals with the fewest calories! They were one of only 3 foods ranking that high. Those are enough reasons to search out some delectable Florida strawberries and add them to your shopping cart!
When shopping for strawberries, look for those that are firm and plump with a bright glossy red appearance. They should also be fragrant. Check the stem end for bright green, fresh leaves. Then when you get the berries home, store them in your crisper. They can stay in the plastic clam shell container for up to a week, depending on how fresh they were when purchased. Do not wash until you’re ready to cook with your berries or serve them.
Follow Florida Strawberry across all their social media sites for more information and terrific recipes:
Healthy Family Recipes Using Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Appetizers
- Chicken and Strawberry Caprese Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Avocado Pinwheels by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry Avocado Toast by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail by Soulfully Made
Healthy Strawberry Salads
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Walnuts by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Pasta Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Wild Rice Salad with Strawberries by Sunday Supper Movement
Healthy Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Rotisserie Chicken Strawberry Pizza by Go Epicurista
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Glazed Salmon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Healthy Strawberry Desserts
- Chamomile Strawberry Chia Pudding by Mid-Life Croissant
- Frozen Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Bark by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Paleo Strawberry Cobbler by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Pavlova with Coconut Cream by Recipes Food and Cooking
Strawberry Glazed Salmon
Perfectly roasted, this Strawberry Glazed Salmon is healthy and scrumptious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree, Seafood
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups Florida Strawberries, cored and sliced
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Saute shallots in olive oil, and when they start to get soft, add garlic and saute until fragrant. Remove from heat.
In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and strawberries. Add the shallots and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce and simmer until thickens, about 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line [easyazon_link identifier="B019ZDZIM2" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]baking sheet [/easyazon_link] (I used a quarter sized rimmed baking sheet) with [easyazon_link identifier="B016E3W92I" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]non-stick foil[/easyazon_link] and place salmon a couple inches apart. Generously season with salt and pepper.
Roast the salmon for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. When almost fully cooked, remove from oven and [easyazon_link identifier="B0049SXA4M" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]brush[/easyazon_link] some of the strawberry glaze over the salmon. Turn on broiler and brown 1-2 minutes, watching carefully, until the glaze starts to bubble and brown.
Remove from oven. Serve with the remaining strawberry sauce.
- Calories: 462kcal
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 714mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website.
Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.