I was having company and needed a showstopper for dessert. I found this decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake topped with big, beautiful chocolate curls on my favorite blog for dessert recipes, Hugs & Cookies XOXO!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
My chocoholic family is all in favor of double, triple, and even quadruple chocolate desserts. This Triple Chocolate Cheesecake has a chocolate Oreo crust, chocolate cheesecake layer, chocolate ganache topping and even a fourth chocolate touch with a garnish of chocolate curls (scroll down to see how to make them). I served this chocolate extravaganza at a dinner party to honor a dear friend’s birthday. Thankfully, only thin slices were needed of this decadent treat, and my family got to experience some glorious leftovers!
How to Make Chocolate Curls
To make the chocolate curls, I melted 3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon of shortening (I decrease to 2 teaspoons when my kitchen is warm in the summer). I spread this out on the back of a sheet pan (with a smooth underside), nearly covering the whole surface, using an offset spatula. The layer should be thin, but not translucent. I popped it in the freezer for 2-3 minutes.
My chocolate was a little too hard when I pulled it out, but it was curling consistency after a minute or so at room temperature. I took my Bench Scraper (but you could use a metal spatula with a very straight/sharped edged scooping end), to scrape off chocolate curls. Not every piece was perfect, but the leftover shards can still be used for garnishing. I found this technique on how to make chocolate curls on Pioneer Woman’s blog. It’s much more successful than my former method with a vegetable peeler.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on this Chocolate Cheesecake as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
You May Need:Print
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
A triple chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate crust, chocolate filling and ganache topping!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 78 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 58 minutes
- Yield: 16-20 servings
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 24 Oreo cookies-place in food processor and crush to crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate,chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º,
- Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. If you have any butter seep out, just wipe with a paper towel.
- Let cool.
- To make cheesecake, melt the chocolate in the microwave and let cool. Beat cream cheese in your mixer fit with the paddle attachment.
- Add sugar and cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate, and mix on low to blend.
- Pour this over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake about 70 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Drag a thin knife around the sides and chill overnight.
- To make the ganache, combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, stirring smooth.
- Remove the sides of the springform and pour on the ganache allowing it to run down the sides a bit.
- Top chocolate curls if desired.