This Deluxe Caramel Cheesecake infused with caramel and finished off with a luscious Caramel Toffee Topping made jaws drop. I served this uber-decadent, not for the faint of heart homemade cheesecake to a bunch of 22-year-old guys and their parents.
Those youngsters still have excellent metabolism and swarmed the dessert table! You’d think they hadn’t just eaten a huge dinner by the way they cleaned their plates of this caramel cheesecake recipe!
Deluxe Caramel Cheesecake with Caramel Toffee Topping
Over the holiday break, we gathered a bunch of Nick’s former classmates and their parents for a fun reunion. After one bite of my caramel cheesecake with toffee, one jokester queried, “Do you have a patent on this?”
I could only laugh. The moms took slivers, the dads raved as they savored each decadent bite of this caramel cheesecake recipe, and the boys, who have all been cooking for themselves, did, too.
Tips for Baking the Perfect Cheesecake
A few simple tips will take your cheesecake to the next level!! Make sure you read through these tips before you start baking so you will have the dreamiest cheesecake ever!
- PRO-Tip: To keep your cheesecake smooth and dense, use the paddle attachment to mix the batter. The whisk will incorporate too much air.
- PRO-Tip: Have all your ingredients at room temperature. This will ensure your cream cheese will blend in smoothly as well as the rest of the ingredients. If you’ve ever seen little bits of cream cheese in your batter, it was because your cream cheese was still too cold.
- Add your eggs one at a time and don’t over-mix.
- If your recipe calls for baking in a bain marie, or water bath, make sure to wrap your pan in a couple layers of foil so no water seeps inside.
- When you have a topping like on this caramel cheesecake, you don’t have to worry as much about the top cracking as it will be covered before serving.
- PRO-Tip: Chill overnight before serving. The texture will be even better with a little patience! Cheesecakes also freeze well. Wrap in plastic, then foil before garnishing. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
Today, we’re celebrating “Galentine’s Day,” a holiday made famous by the television show Parks and Recreation. One of the best days of the year, it’s celebrated on the day before Valentine’s Day.
Ladies leave their hubbies to celebrate with their gal pals. And a little indulging is fair game. I brought this deluxe caramel cheesecake with toffee to the celebration! Check out what my blogger girlfriends brought to the party!!!
More Spectacular Recipes for Your Galentine’s (or Valentine’s) Day Celebration:
- Hula Pie from Heather’s Dish
- Red Velvet Donuts from Blahnik Baker
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes from NeighborFood
- Pecan Sticky Buns from The Cooking Actress
- Gin Lime Coconut Truffles from Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies from Wallflour Girl
- Lavender Ice Cream from NinjaBaker
- Three Ingredient Valentine’s Day M&M Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Smores Waffle Sticks from A Cookie Named Desire
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries from Pineapple and Coconut
- Nutella Layer Cake from gotta get baked
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- OXO Offoffset Spatula (photo is of the large, but small is available thru link)
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer
More Caramel Recipes You’ll Love:
- Salted Caramel Kentucky Bourbon Cake from Wishes and Dishes
- The Best Caramel Cake from Your Homebased Mom
- Easy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Caramel Butter Bars
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal Caramel Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake Recipe
- Homemade Caramel Corn
- More Dessert Recipes
Deluxe Caramel Cheesecake with Caramel Toffee Topping
An outrageously decadent cheesecake that will thrill both cheesecake and caramel fans!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages crushed graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), melted
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup caramel topping (recipe below)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
Toppings to garnish the cheesecake:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath bars
- Rolo candies
To make caramel sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and syrup. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Once it is caramel colored, remove from heat, add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Add the cream and stir until it’s all combined. Bring it back to the heat if you get clumps and stir it until they’re dissolved.
- Store in the refrigerator if not using right away. Makes about ¾ cup.
To make crust:
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Combine crust ingredients except the chocolate chips. Press into a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Push all the way up the sides and press in firmly. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Set the springform pan on a baking sheet (some butter will leak from the pan). Bake for about five minutes or until the chocolate chips are soft. Smooth them out with an offset spatula.
- Place it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
To make cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vanilla and caramel and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated.
- Pour into chilled crust. Wrap the exterior of the pan in a double layer of foil and place in a larger pan (I use my roasting pan) filled with an inch or two of hot water. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes in the 300º oven. The center will still be wiggly, but it shall set in the end. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
To garnish the cake:
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside to garnish the cake after adding the caramel topping.
- Combine the caramel and ½ cup of toffee. Place small spoonfuls of the topping over the top of the cheesecake, then spread using an offset spatula.
- Pipe some of the sweetened whipped cream in dollops around the perimeter, press a single Rolo candy onto each dollop, and garnish with more toffee bits. Slice with a large wet knife for cleaner slices.
Overnight chilling is not included in total time.
This recipe was adapted from Yammie’s Noshery via Lick the Spoon