Sour Cream Corn Dip
My hubby expects this Sour Cream Corn Dip at our annual 4th of July bash. The unusual combination of corn, peppers, cheese, sour cream and mayo always gets rave reviews.
This corn dip recipe, served with tortilla chips, has become an Independence Day tradition. Creamy. with a touch of heat, it’s delicious scooped onto a tortilla chip. I promise that you and your party guests will love it!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.
Sour Cream Corn Dip
This strange combination of ingredients results in a most delicious dip. This sour cream corn dip is one of my most requested recipes from my real-life friends. Bill insists I make this corn dip recipe for our annual 4th of July gathering, year after year. A sour cream and mayo base is spiced up with green onions, green chilies, diced jalapeño, cayenne, and cumin.
Defrosted frozen corn, diced red bell pepper and shredded sharp cheddar cheese are mixed in, and it’s ready to be scooped up with corn tortilla chips. You can easily up the spice factor to your liking. Try this unusual corn dip at your next summer gathering, and make sure you have plenty of copies of the recipe to share!
A Winning Corn Dip Recipe
I made this sour cream corn dip recipe for the umpteenth time for our annual 4th of July gathering; and once again, I went through the list of ingredients when a few folks were hovering over the bowl, scooping up bite after bite with their chips, wondering how to make this dip. Bill, who has been trying to keep his new, slim, trimmer profile, just couldn’t keep away.
I had bought a large bag of tortilla scoops, and even before the party started, he questioned whether we had enough. Thank goodness there were a few leftovers he can nosh on over the next few days. I kept the dip on ice for the duration of our cookout so it would be safe to eat without worry of food-borne bacteria that can plague summer picnic fare.
Tips for Making This Dip
A sour cream and mayo base was spiced up with green onions, green chilies, diced jalapeño, cayenne, and cumin. Defrosted frozen corn, diced red bell pepper, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese were mixed in, and it was ready to be scooped up with corn tortilla chips.
- You can easily up the spice factor to your liking. Add more or less jalapeno peppers depending on whether you want your sour cream corn dip super spicy or mild. The same goes for the cayenne pepper.
- Try some blanched fresh sweet corn cut off the cob for the ultimate summer experience! I’m sure you could lighten this up with reduced-fat sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheese, but I haven’t done this.
- If you are serving this at a summer gathering, make sure it doesn’t sit out longer than 2 hours unless you have it on ice. This will prevent food poisoning.
- We like serving this corn dip recipe with Tostitos scoops, so you get a good dip to chip ratio. Any corn or tortilla chip will work.
- To use fresh corn, check out this reference for boiling corn on the cob.
Try this unusual Sour Cream Corn Dip at your next summer gathering, and make sure you have plenty of copies of the recipe to share!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Pineapple Salsa from Amanda’s Cookin’
- Mexican Corn Dip from Rachel Cooks
- Summer Fruit Kabobs & Mascarpone Dip from Saving Room for Dessert
- Easy Dill Pickle Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- More Appetizer Recipes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-3 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can chopped green chilies (about 4 ounces, drained)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 fresh jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.
- Serve w/ tortilla chips.
Do not leave out for more than 2 hours without keeping the dip chilled to prevent food borne illnesses.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g