I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Buffalo wings, but from my first bite of this Buffalo Chicken Dip, I was an instant fan. I have been making this since 2010 and it’s always a hit!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
When my friend, Sally, made this dip for a Labor Day party, the men hovered around the dish until it was devoured. I found this recipe for Frank’s Redhot version and modified for a party just weeks later. Hearty and cheesy, I haven’t met anyone who didn’t adore this buffalo chicken dip!
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- I use a rotisserie chicken to make this super easy. I put the hubby on the task of removing the chicken meat from the carcass. He’s a good sport and always helps in the kitchen, but the number of questions he asked was comical! I promise, it’s simple!
- Softened cream cheese is spread on the bottom of a baking dish, then the blue cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, cheese, and chicken were mixed together, spread over the cream cheese, and baked. Set the cream cheese out on the counter about an hour before making to allow it to soften
- I used mozzarella to give a gooey factor to this dip, but blue cheese is another popular alternative.
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
Buffalo Chicken Dip
!Adapted from Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup any hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I used the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- Heat oven to 350°. Place cream cheese into a deep baking dish. Spread over bottom of the dish.
- Mix salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken. Put mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Garnish as desired (I topped with slices of red bell pepper). Serve with crackers, chips or celery sticks.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.