Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Buffalo wings, but from my first bite of this Buffalo Chicken Dip, I was an instant fan. I have been making this since 2010 and it’s always a hit!
Dip Recipes are perfect for game day parties and tailgates, and this is one that both men, women, and kids will enjoy! Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is always a HIT!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- It’s super simple to make!
- This dip is much less messy to eat than wings!
- It’s perfect for game day! And so delicious.
When my friend, Sally, made this dip for a Labor Day party, the men hovered around the dish until it was devoured. I found this recipe for Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip and modified it for a party just weeks later. Hearty and cheesy with a nice hit of heat, I haven’t met anyone who didn’t adore this buffalo chicken dip! This Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip is another hearty, man-friendly dip you’ll want to add to your must-make list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip Made Of?
Cream cheese, hot sauce, salad dressing, cheese, and shredded chicken are a given, but there are variations. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is most popular, but a less spicy hot sauce can be substituted. I used Ranch salad dressing, but blue cheese is popular as well.
Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and/or Blue Cheese work well, and one that is gooey when melted is excellent. The chicken can be shredded from a rotisserie chicken, some baked or roasted chicken breasts, and even canned chicken if desperate (not my favorite!).
What Goes with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Vegetable dippers like celery sticks and red pepper wedges are a healthy dipper option. Fritos or tortilla scoops, Club, and Ritz crackers are also classic pairings.
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Less Spicy?
Either use a milder hot sauce or add less than a half-cup.
How to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the softened cream cheese over bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Mix salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- Put mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Garnish as desired (I topped with slices of red bell pepper) and dig in!!!
Tips for Making Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make this super easy. I put the hubby on the task of removing the chicken meat from the carcass. He’s a good sport and always helps in the kitchen, but the number of questions he asked was comical! I promise it’s simple!
- Softened cream cheese is spread on the bottom of a baking dish, then the blue cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, cheese, and chicken were mixed together, spread over the cream cheese, and baked.
- PRO: Tip: Set the cream cheese out on the counter about an hour before mixing the dip to allow it to soften. This will make spreading much easier.
- I used mozzarella to give a gooey factor to this dip recipe, but blue cheese is another popular alternative.
- Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips. I love to cut thick slices of red bell pepper, too.
- I garnished with a cross-section of red bell pepper with a pop of color plus some garden chives. Fresh parsley would work, too.
You May Also Like:
Dips are perfect for game day entertaining, and here are a few more dips and other favorite game-day snacks!
- Blue Cheese Gougeres
- Baked Parmesan Crab Dip,
- Easy Homemade Queso Dip
- Fig Gruyere Crostini
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels
- Best Game Day Snacks
- 20+ Game Day Recipes
- S’mores Dessert Dip
- Easy Smoked Salmon Dip
- More Appetizer Recipes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup any hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I used the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- Heat oven to 350°. Place cream cheese into a deep baking dish. Spread over bottom of the dish.
- Mix salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken. Put mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Garnish as desired (I topped with slices of red bell pepper). Serve with crackers, chips or celery sticks.
If taking this dip to a picnic, cook it at home, then place in an insulated carrier to keep warm.
May use Ranch dressing instead of blue cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g