Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Buffalo wings, but from my first bite of this Buffalo Chicken Dip, I was an instant fan. I have been making this since 2010 and it’s always a hit!
Dip Recipes are perfect for game day parties and tailgates, and this is one that both men, women, and kids will enjoy! Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is addictive.
Why You Must Make
- It’s super simple to make!
- This dip is much less messy to eat than wings!
- It’s perfect for game day! And so delicious.
When my friend, Sally, made this dip for a Labor Day party, the men hovered around the dish until it was devoured. I found a recipe on Frank’s Red Hot Sauce website and modified it for a party just weeks later. Hearty and cheesy with a nice hit of heat, I haven’t met anyone who didn’t adore this dip! This Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip is another man-friendly dip you’ll want to add to your must-make list.
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the softened cream cheese over bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Mix salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- Put mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Garnish as desired (I topped with slices of red bell pepper) and dig in!!!
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make this super easy. I put the hubby on the task of removing the chicken meat from the carcass. He’s a good sport and always helps in the kitchen, but the number of questions he asked was comical! I promise it’s simple!
- Softened cream cheese is spread on the bottom of a baking dish, then the blue cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, cheese, and chicken were mixed together, spread over the cream cheese, and baked.
- PRO: Tip: Set the cream cheese out on the counter for about an hour before mixing the dip to allow it to soften. This will make stirring much easier.
- I used mozzarella to give a gooey factor to this dip recipe, but blue cheese is another popular alternative.
- Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips. I love to cut thick slices of red bell pepper, too.
- I garnished it with a cross-section of red bell pepper with a pop of color plus some garden chives. Fresh parsley would work, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cream cheese, hot sauce, salad dressing, cheese, and shredded chicken are a given, but there are variations on what goes into Buffalo chicken dip. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is most popular, but a less spicy hot sauce can be substituted. I used Ranch salad dressing, but blue cheese is popular as well.
Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and/or Blue Cheese work well, and one that is gooey when melted is excellent. The chicken can be shredded from a rotisserie chicken, some baked or roasted chicken breasts, and even canned chicken if desperate (not my favorite!).
Vegetable dippers like celery sticks and red pepper wedges are a healthy dipper option. Fritos or tortilla scoops, Club, and Ritz crackers are also classic pairings.
Either use a milder hot sauce or add less than a half-cup of hot sauce. Start with a quarter cup, mix, taste, and decide if you want more heat.
You May Also Like:
Dips are perfect for game day entertaining, and here are a few more dips and other favorite game-day snacks!
- Blue Cheese Gougeres
- Baked Parmesan Crab Dip,
- Easy Homemade Queso Dip
- Fig Gruyere Crostini
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels
- Best Game Day Snacks
- 20+ Game Day Recipes
- S’mores Dessert Dip
- Easy Smoked Salmon Dip
- More Appetizer Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
!Adapted from Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup any hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I used the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- Heat oven to 350°. Place cream cheese into a deep baking dish. Spread over bottom of the dish.
- Mix salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken. Put mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Garnish as desired (I topped with slices of red bell pepper). Serve with crackers, chips or celery sticks.
If taking this dip to a picnic, cook it at home, then place in an insulated carrier to keep warm.
May use Ranch dressing instead of blue cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
27 Comments on “Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe”
I have made this 3 times now and it is always the first empty dish! It’s just so good!
This is so good!! Everyone at my house really enjoyed it!
I love this stuff! Sometimes if we have extra I will freeze it so I can have it for a snack. That is how much I like it. Can’t wait to try yours as it looks wonderful!!!!
This is making me CRAVE buffalo flavor. So much so, that I plan to recreate your recipe but make it a CRAB dip instead of chicken so I can eat it!
Sounds like a delicious dip. My family would love this buffalo chicken dip.
A great dip for any party, Liz!
Such a fantastic looking dip, Liz. And I am absolutely loving all the layers of delish flavors here. This is gonna make a perfect dip for parties. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.