Smoked salmon dip is the perfect holiday party appetizer! With just five ingredients, this Easy Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers takes very little time to make and is deliciously addicting! This post is sponsored by DairyPure. As always, all opinions are my own.
When the finickiest member of the family asks if there is more salmon dip, you know you’ve hit a homerun. The bonus is two fold, super easy to make and a list of ingredients so small that you don’t need to write them down on your shopping list!
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip
There’s hardly a recipe out there with an ingredient list you can count on one hand. This capers-laden smoked salmon dip is definitely not short on flavor, though short on ingredients!!!
With only five easy to find components, you can whip up a terrific appetizer in no time. Perfect for this busy time of year!
Salmon Appetizer with Capers
It takes less than 10 minutes to flake or chop the salmon, mix up the DairyPure sour cream, cream cheese, and Worcestershire before stirring in the salmon bits and capers. My loyal readers know the hubby is a tough sell, but he went nuts for this smoked salmon appetizer, as did I! It also makes a wonderful spread on bagels.
Are capers a staple in your kitchen? I keep a jar in the fridge for those nights that a quick chicken piccata is on the menu. They come brined or packed in salt. Either will work, just rinse off the salt if you purchase the latter. Bill will usually leave a little pile on his plate when I cook up the Italian lemon chicken, but he didn’t blink when eating capers in this dip!
Smoked Salmon Options
Our market has two varieties of smoked salmon: sliced lox and thicker wedges of heat smoked salmon. Testing both was a definite pleasure as they each were splendid options. The latter produced a pinker, slightly less salty and maybe a wee bit more flavorful dip, but you can’t go wrong with either types of smoked salmon.
DairyPure All Natural Sour Cream
Dean’s DairyPure products are a given in my kitchen. When cooking and baking, I rely on quality, consistent ingredients for the best results and DairyPure does not disappoint.
For your holiday cooking and entertaining, stock up on the best quality dairy products from DairyPure. Keep your holidays simple with more 5 Ingredient Recipes featuring DairyPure! Share yours on social media with the #DairyPureandSimpleHolidays hashtag.
- DairyPure Sour Cream is made with fresh cream and milk from their own dairy. I know I’m giving my family the highest quality product!
- DairyPure Sour Cream is backed by a 5-Point Purity Promise, so I know it will always have the freshest taste.
- Besides containing no artificial grown hormones, DairyPure Sour Cream is continually tested to ensure quality, which is important to me.
- DairyPure Sour Cream comes in a fridge-friendly package that I love to keep on-hand! They easily stack so it’s a cinch to store more than one package in my refrigerator.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Tiramisu Dip Recipe in 10 Minutes from Rachel Cooks
- Easy Dill Pickle Dip
- Hot Crab Dip Recipe from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Hissy Fit Dip from Brown Eyed Baker
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers
With just five ingredients, this recipe for Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers takes very little time to make and is the perfect holiday party appetizer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups dip
- Cuisine: Appetizer, Dip
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped or shredded
- 4 ounces DairyPure sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
Chop or shred smoked salmon depend on style of smoked salmon purchased.
In a medium bowl, beat together DairyPure sour cream and cream cheese. Add Worcestershire sauce. Stir in salmon and capers.
Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers, bagels or favorite dippers.
Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Garnish with fresh dill or capers if desired.
- Calories: 601kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1351mg
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 29g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 174mg