This stellar Sun-dried Tomato Dip got rave reviews from every group of my friends! When I took this to a PTO board meeting while Nick was in elementary school and everyone demanded the recipe!
It was the first Barefoot Contessa cookbook. It was referenced on the Food Network way, way before Ina Garten had her own show. This Easy Dip Recipe will make you the hostess with the mostess at any gathering!
Ina’s Sun-dried Tomato Dip
I continued to dazzle everyone with her winning recipes…and got puzzled looks when I mentioned the name of the cookbook. But slowly my friends caught on…and soon they all had their own collection of Ina’s cookbooks. I brought this sun-dried tomato dip with a crudite platter for our New Year’s soup party…and it was no surprise that I was again asked for the recipe.
Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
How to Make This Easy Dip Recipe
- This sun-dried tomato dip completely made in the food processor, it’s a cinch to whip up. Sun-dried tomatoes, Tabasco (or your favorite hot sauce) and some scallions supply sensational flavors while the combo of cream cheese, mayo and sour cream provide the creamy base.
- The Tabasco adds a gentle hit of heat, but if you like spicy, add more to your taste.
- Serve this easy dip recipe with chips, crackers or, my favorite, a slew of colorful veggies.
- PRO-Tip: Add some of the key elements to garnish the dip. A few sliced green onions or finely diced sun-dried tomatoes will add a pop of color. I also like to add a couple dippers, like sliced cucumbers or red bell pepper slices. You’ll look like a seasoned party giver!
- Definitely add this easy, irresistible to your next party menu whether for game day or a dinner party. Be prepared to hand out the recipe. I guarantee you’ll be asked for it.
More of the Best Appetizers
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Ham and Sauerkraut Balls by From Gate to Plate
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Pickle Chips by Lemons for Lulu
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
More of my Favorite Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Spinach Pinwheels
- Candied Bacon AKA Pig Candy
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Easy Queso
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Glazed Meatballs
- Easy Salmon Dip
- Appetizer Recipes
You may need these supplies to make the sun-dried tomato dip recipe:Print
Sun-dried Tomato Dip
An easy, irresistible dip made your food processor!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Tabasco, salt and pepper in food processor. Add the scallions and pulse twice.
- Garnish with sliced scallions
- Serve with fresh vegetables or chips.
Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.
UPDATE: giveaway closed and entry form removed
Today’s sponsor is Not So Simple Syrup. They can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your penchant for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas, non-alcoholic beverages and dessert making and baking too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. Not So Simple Syrup is providing us with a 6-month gift basket subscription for the winner. Each month you will get a gift package with a new theme and everything you need to whip up a favorite recipe from the Not So Simple Syrup crew. Everything but the booze will be included and shipped directly to your door. Like wine of the month, but with simple syrups. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Not So Simple Syrup. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***