This Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip is a perennial favorite! It’s a perfect party appetizer or game day treat. A few years ago it seems like there weren’t many options when it came to spinach dip. Fast forward a few decades and there are many versions of this appetizer including this Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
It was way back in the early 80’s when I had my first taste of a hot artichoke dip. Our hostess wouldn’t reveal the ingredients, but had us sample her creation and try to guess mystery recipe. Fast forward a few decades and there are many versions of this appetizer including this Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip. It still contains the key components of that original dip: artichokes, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise.
Welcome to Day #1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Including this spinach and artichoke dip.
Spinach Artichoke Dip – Perfect Party Fare
I took this spinach and artichoke dip to a holiday gathering, and the biggest fan was Mr. Skinny Chick. He hovered over the dish and wouldn’t let me toss any dregs that remained in the dish. He was thrilled to have his own little appy for the next few nights before dinner. Sometimes he’s SO easy to please.
My version is amped up with red pepper flakes, garlic powder and some shredded Mozzarella for a little gooey cheese action. I found it a little salty, so have adjusted the salt amount.
Be sure to taste your dip before baking and add more salt to taste if needed. It will depend on your palate and the sodium in your artichoke hearts and other ingredients. This spinach and artichoke dip is perfect fare for any gathering, especially when you’re parked in front of the TV watching your favorite team on Super Bowl Sunday!
You may need these supplies to make the spinach and artichoke dip recipe:
My Other Appetizer Recipes This Week
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
A favorite appetizer for any gathering!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped and any tough leaves removed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste (taste mixture, then add 1/4 teaspoon if salt is needed)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese till fluffy. Add mayonnaise and beat till smooth. Add rest of ingredients (except salt) and mix till spinach is well incorporated. Pour dip into a greased pie plate or gratin dish. Bake for 30 minutes or till top is golden and bubbly. Serve with crackers.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more Football Munching Temptations:
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Easy Individual Pizzas by Call Me Pmc
- Chocolate Malta Wings by Food Done Light
- Mom’s Famous Chicken Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheddar Bacon Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Tamari Roasted Chickpeas by Je suis alimentageuse
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Microwave BBQ Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Cheese Bean Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Vegetables and Romesco Crostini by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Buffalo Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pina Colada Cheese Ball by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Caesar Mini Muffins by Food Lust People Love
UPDATE: giveaway closed and entry form removed
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of time in the kitchen. We need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by OXO. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***