This Hot Shrimp Artichoke Dip was the unequivocal winner at my recent book club gathering! You must give this recipe a try!
This easy artichoke dip with shrimp can be prepped the night before, then baked when you’re ready to serve. This makes this dip perfect for entertaining!
Hot Shrimp Artichoke Dip
It was my turn to host my book club, so I combed through my recipes for new appetizers and sweets to test out on my friends. They have adventurous palates, unlike the home team, and they’ll give me honest reviews.
Well, this Hot Shrimp Artichoke Dip was the uncontested winner of the evening. My friends went back for seconds and thirds. I promised to get the recipe to everyone ASAP. My Greek Shrimp Crostini is another lovely seafood appetizer to add to your repertoire. As is this Parmesan Crab Dip and Scallops Wrapped in Bacon.
Easy Artichoke Dip with Shrimp
I prepped this dip the night before book club and parked it in the fridge. The base was comprised of cream cheese, white cheddar, sour cream, mayo, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Artichoke hearts, chopped shrimp, mozzarella, shallots, and thyme added more flavor and texture. After scraping the mixture into my serving dish, I took a little nibble. I immediately knew this would be a hit with my girlfriends.
Even the hubby was chomping at the bit for my friends to vacate the house, so he could get his fill of this easy artichoke dip. So if you have any entertaining in the near future, I urge you to add this amazing artichoke dip to your menu!
PS. After emailing this recipe to my book club, I received a reply that a friend’s husband (a terrific baker himself) was entering this Shrimp Artichoke Dip into a dip contest at work. Fingers crossed he wins!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Sweet Corn Dip from Recipe Girl
- Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip
- Cheesy Spinach Dip
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temp.
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Hellman's mayo
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (may substitute 1 tablespoon dried thyme)
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- With a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, mayo, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Add the artichoke hearts, shrimp, mozzarella, shallots, and thyme, and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle lightly with paprika, and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot with chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 104mg Sodium: 1131mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g