This Hot Shrimp Artichoke Dip was the unequivocal winner at my recent book club gathering! You must give this recipe a try!
Hot Artichoke Shrimp Dip
It was my turn to host book club, so I combed through my recipes for new appetizers and sweets to test out on my friends. They have adventurous palates, unlike the home team, and they’ll give me honest reviews.
Well, this Shrimp Artichoke Dip was the uncontested winner of the evening. My friends went back for seconds and thirds. I promised to get the recipe to everyone ASAP. My Greek Shrimp Crostini is another lovely seafood appetizer to add to your repertoire.
Easy, Make Ahead Appetizer
I prepped this dip the night before book club and parked it in the fridge. The base was comprised of cream cheese, white cheddar, sour cream, mayo, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Artichoke hearts, chopped shrimp, mozzarella, shallots and thyme added more flavor and texture. After scraping the mixture into my serving dish, I took a little nibble. I immediately knew this would be a hit with my girlfriends.
Even the hubby was chomping at the bit for my friends to vacate the house, so he could get his fill. So if you have any entertaining in the near future, I urge you to add this amazing artichoke dip to your menu!
PS. After emailing this recipe to my book club, I received a reply that a friend’s husband (a terrific baker himself) was entering this Shrimp Artichoke Dip into a dip contest at work. Fingers crossed he wins!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Sweet Corn Dip from Recipe Girl
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Seven-Layer Bacon Cheeseburger Dip from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Poblano Spinach Dip from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Hot Shrimp Artichoke Dip
Destined to be a huge hit at any gathering, this hot shrimp dip is always a winner. Adapted from At Blanchard’s Table.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temp.
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Hellman’s mayo
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (may substitute 1 tablespoon dried thyme)
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- With a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, mayo, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Add the artichoke hearts, shrimp, mozzarella, shallots, and thyme, and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle lightly with paprika, and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot with chips.