Full of gooey cheese, corn and a bit of heat, this Fiesta Corn Dip is one of our favorite appetizers! A terrific addition to any party, especially on Cinco de Mayo!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.
Fiesta Corn Dip
I was introduced to this magnificent Fiesta Corn Dip at a friend’s house. A group of us who started volunteering together in 2005 sipped on glasses of wine at her house before heading out to dinner.
Kathy served this warm, spicy corn dip, which drew glowing reviews from the crowd. She generously passed on the recipe and I made it for a gathering last Sunday.
It’s pretty much a dump, stir and bake recipe, as easy as can be. Perfect for any sort of party or game day and especially for Cinco de Mayo! Cheesy Nachos are another sure fire hit when it comes to game day!
A Guaranteed Hit!
I took this corn dip to a summer picnic. Towards the end of the evening, a gal I didn’t know was working the crowd, looking for the maker of the “corn casserole.” Apparently, the chips got moved to another table and my fiesta corn dip became a side dish.
No matter, like with my guild girlfriends, it was a recipe everybody adored and should have in their repertoire. It has a little kick, but it’s definitely not too spicy.
I’ve replaced the cans of fiesta corn called for in the original recipe with frozen corn and just added a few more minced roasted red peppers. Now you need to find an excuse to make this irresistible appetizer. I promise, you will be the one getting recipe requests for this Fiesta Corn Dip!
More Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes:
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks –salsa and chips are a given!
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots — love these easy nachos
- Cherry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake — a refreshing option to the ubiquitous margarita
- Spicy Micheladas by Food Lust People Love — you always need a fun cocktail for Cinco de Mayo
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch — cheesy entree that will hit the spot
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime –have you ever made chalupas? Here’s your chance!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made — why not a fabulous, classic soup?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement –an simple citrus dessert is perfct
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm — my family will love these!
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good –a couple taco recipes must be thrown in the mix!
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise (may use light)
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies (small can), drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Mix all ingredients together. Spread evenly in casserole dish and bake 45-60 minutes till top is golden. Serve with tortilla chips.