Kick off your Mexican Fiesta, Cinco de Mayo celebration, game day party or any gathering where you’re craving a slushy lime cocktail with these Easy 3-Ingredient Beer Margaritas!
Sweet. tart with the classic salty rim, you’ll make these super simple Beergaritas again and again!
Easy 3-Ingredient Beer Margaritas
Whether it’s Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July or a simple summer gathering, a Tex-Mex themed meal is always a hit! Who doesn’t love a gooey, cheesy chicken enchilada, loaded nachos or a slushy margarita? I fell for these 3-ingredient beer margaritas with my first sip at least a decade ago. The method is so simple, you’ll have the recipe memorized with no effort.
There is a time and place to make the classic margarita recipe, but sometimes an easy, tasty shortcut is just right! I keep some frozen limeade in the freezer, tequila in the liquor cabinet, and there’s always beer in the fridge, though Bill is always nervous I’ll grab some of his Stella!
With only 3 ingredients, just toss the tequila, limeade and beer into a blender full of ice. Hit the “frozen drinks and smoothies” setting or just blend until you have a slushy mixture. Such a simple cocktail! Pour the flavorful, frozen concoction into your prepared glasses and garnish with a lime slice! How easy is that???!
Tips for Making These 3-Ingredient Beergaritas!
Don’t let the name dissuade you. Margarita purists may have some heart palpitations viewing the ingredients, but, I promise, these taste phenomenal. I know you’re wondering why anyone would ever muddy the flavors of a classic margarita with beer??? But trust me; these are winners.
- Use a light lager type beer as you don’t want any beer flavor.
- Watch out, these are potent! The sweetness of the limeade concentrate dulls the flavor of the tequila so beware!
- To make a salt ring, fill a saucer with lime juice and another with Margarita Salt or kosher salt.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the lime, then into the salt. Voila! Just pour in the margarita, garnish with a lime slice and serve.
- You only need three ingredients to make these easy margaritas, so stock up on frozen limeade, tequila and beer. Fresh limes and margarita salt are also essential to garnish the glasses, if desired.
- If you want to serve your beer margaritas on the rocks, just mix equal parts beer, tequila and defrosted limeade in a pitcher. Stir and pour into ice filled glasses!
Plus they’re so quick to whip up that you’ll be pulling out the blender to make a batch ALL summer long. Make a big bowl of guacamole with a side of tortilla chips, and you’re set!!! And if you want to add a margarita bar to your buffet, these peach margaritas and blood orange margaritas are also fabulous!
More Margarita Recipes You’ll Love:
Margaritas hail from Mexico, but the inventor remains a mystery. Brought to the forefront in the 1930’s or 40’s, one story is that a guest of one supposed inventor was allergic to all spirits except tequila. Her host developed a tequila cocktail that included the elements used with a tequila shot, a lime wedge and salt.
The traditional margarita cocktail contains tequila, lime juice and an orange liqueur, like Cointreau or Triple Sec. Served in a glass rimmed with salt, the Smithsonian.com calls a margarita the perfect combination of sweet, salty, sour and bitter.
- Pink Champagne Margarita from The Adventure Bite
- Raspberry Lemonade Margaritas from Crazy for Crust
- Blackberry Lemonade Margaritas from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Margarita Shrimp
- Margarita Cheesecake
- Easy Margarita Poke Cake
- Mini Margarita Cheesecakes
- More Beverage Recipes
More Mexican Fiesta Recipes to Round Out Your Meal:
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Spicy Shrimp Fajitas
- Enchiladas Suizas
To make these margaritas on the rocks, just mix equal parts beer, tequila and defrosted frozen limeade in a pitcher. Pour mixture into ice filled glasses. Recipe adapted from Gourmet LA.
Serving Size: 1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 259mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
To make these margaritas on the rocks, just mix equal parts beer, tequila and defrosted frozen limeade in a pitcher. Pour mixture into ice filled glasses.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet LA.