The summer kicked off with a blast of heat and humidity. Sipping on chilled Fresh Peach Margaritas is a most delightful way to cool down on a sultry July evening. This post is sponsored by Florida Crystals® Sugar; all opinions are my own.
Fresh Peach Margaritas
We have a terrific produce stand down the street. Their tender sweet corn and ripe, juicy peaches are my two favorite summer foods. Right now, we’re savoring fresh Georgia peaches, then we’ll get an east coast crop before local Indiana and Michigan peaches are harvested. I set aside some of this luscious fruit for a signature cocktail.
Making the Best Margaritas
Margaritas aren’t complicated, but here are some tips for making perfect margaritas!
- For the best results, you must start with peak of the season fruit. If your peaches aren’t ripe and flavorful, your margaritas will be lackluster.
- Decent fresh peaches are not always available, so you could definitely try making these with canned peaches. Use 4 peach halves instead of the two fresh peaches. Peaches are canned at their prime, so the flavor should be wonderful, too. If your peaches are covered in a heavy syrup, you may want to rinse them off before you puree.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice is imperative, too. Don’t even think of buying anything in a bottle.
- To balance the tart lime, use a top notch sweetener, I love an organic sugar.
- For a beautiful presentation, garnish your glass with a thin slice of lime or peach. I use a knife to make a cut from the rind or peel to the middle of the slice and use that opening to hook the fruit on the cup.
- If you like some added bling, dip the rim of your glass into lime juice, then into sugar (or salt if that’s your preference).
More Margaritas You’ll Love:
- Beer Margaritas from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fizzy Grapefruit Margarita from Well Plated
- Strawberry Rhubarb Margarita from Nutmeg Nanny
- Elderflower Margarita from Garnish with Lemon
Fresh Peach Margaritas
A summery twist on the classic Margarita made with juicy fresh peaches
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Cocktail, Beverage
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup fresh peach puree (about 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, cut into pieces, and pureed in a blender or food processor)
- 1-2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Sugar
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce of Grand Marnier (or your favorite orange liqueur)
- Florida Crystals® Organic Sugar for sugar rims on glasses
- Lime slices and/or peach slices to garnish, optional
- Whisk together peach puree and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Whisk in the tequila, lime juice, and Grand Marnier. Taste and adjust to your preferences.
- Pour a bit of water onto a small flat plate. Sprinkle sugar over a second small plate. Dip the rim of the glasses into the water, then dip them into the sugar to make a sugar rim. Garnish margaritas with sliced fruit. Serve margaritas over ice.
- For a virgin peach spritzer, combine peach puree, sugar and then top the glass with cold club soda or lemon-lime soda. Makes one.
This recipe can be adapted to your liking. I tend to go light on the liquor, so taste first and tweak to your tastes. If your peaches aren’t sweet enough, you may need to add more sugar.