Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
These Spicy Sweet Potato Fries are crispy, salty with a nice kick of heat! Plus, they’re incredibly delicious.
Healthier than regular french fries, roasted sweet potato fries are the perfect way to introduce your family to sweet potatoes.
Why You Should Make these Fries
My regular readers know that I’m married to the world’s most picky man. When it comes to food, that is. And wives. He got a home run with his first choice for the latter! So I was basically shocked when we were at a dinner party and he slurped up a bowl of squash soup and even went for seconds. Maybe there was hope.
- The first time I made sweet potato fries, my persnickety husband didn’t even hesitate. He liked them!
- Like Emeril, I kicked them up a notch with seasonings other than salt and pepper. Use any of your favorite seasonings. Try garlic powder, Italian seasoning, taco, or jerk seasoning.
- This is a nice change from regular french fries, plus they have more fiber and vitamin A.
Tips for Making Oven Roasted Fries
- Roasted fries won’t ever be as crisp as freshly deep-fried potatoes, but they’re still terrific. First, you don’t want to crowd the baking sheet.
- You might need a second baking sheet to give each fry enough space.
- Next, a small amount of corn starch absorbs any moisture that may be lingering without any discernible taste or change in texture.
- Don’t cut big wedges, but instead, thin fries between 1/4-1/2 inch in width.
- Use your favorite seasonings to flavor your spicy sweet potato fries. I also love using a Cajun seasoning mix.
- Bake at high heat, flip once and eat hot before they start to wilt. Bon appetit!
More Delicious Side Dishes:
- French Potato Gratin
- Grilled Potato Packets
- Roasted Asparagus
- Lemon Garlic Broccoli
- Bacon Green Bean Bundles
- Vegetable Tian
- Easy Parmesan Polenta
- More Side Dish Recipes
- 4 sweet potatoes (medium-large)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (exact amount may vary)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin fries. Add to bowl with oil, spices, and cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Spread out fries without crowding over the surface of a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake about 30-40 minutes,flipping at least once halfway through the baking time until fries are crisp.
Use about 1 medium sweet potato per serving. Can easily double or triple, just make sure not to overcrowd the baking sheet or the fries won't get crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g