My interest was piqued when a dear friend raved about a salad she recently made. Needless to say, I made this amazing Spicy Mexican Corn Salad immediately after she revealed her source!
We love using local corn in so many recipes like this Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil Butter, so make sure to pick up some fresh corn when it’s in season!
Spicy Mexican Corn Salad
I found my inspiration from Mario Batali’s Mexican Street Corn Salad on The Chew’s website. I tweaked it sightly, eliminating the radishes and adding cucumber and red bell pepper to replace the crunch. I also cut back on the cayenne pepper as the hubby has a “sensitive” palate when it comes to heat. Though, I would have been happy to eat his share. It is one amazing summer salad made with lightly steamed, fresh sweet corn cut off the cob and, along with other vegetables, tossed in a spicy, mayonnaise based dressing. This is probably one of the top 3 recipes I’ve made this summer.
More CornRecipes You’ll Love:
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Fiesta Corn Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad Recipe from Wonky Wonderful
- Sour Cream Corn Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato from Well Plated
Used in This Recipe:
- Kuhn Rikon 10-Inch French Wire Whisk
- Wusthof Classic 6-inch Wave Knife
- 10 Piece Nesting Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- OXO Non-Slip Cutting Board
Spicy Mexican Corn Salad
A fabulous spicy corn salad that’s best made with fresh sweet corn!!!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Salad, Vegetables
- Method: Saute, Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, cooked, cooled, and kernels removed
- 1/2 medium red onion (peeled, small diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, minced)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise and cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and onion. Cook until onion is soft. Stir in the minced garlic,cook for a minute or two and remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add the onion mixture, corn, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and red bell pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime zest and juice, cayenne pepper, ground chipotle pepper and salt.
- Add dressing to corn mixture and toss. Serve chilled.