These versatile Honey Mustard Pepperoni Pinwheels are elegant enough for a cocktail party, yet perfect for a nibble at a casual picnic dinner.
Honey Mustard Pepperoni Pinwheels
I love having a package of buttery puff pastry dough in my freezer. Whether to wrap a brie or make a spectacular pinwheel appetizer, it’s a shortcut to making all sorts of delectable treats. I first made these pepperoni pinwheels for my book club.
I rolled out a sheet of puff pastry, layered it with mustard, pepperoni and cheese, then rolled, sliced and baked. Easy and impressive. Bill was eying these spiral beauties when he arrived home from work and was my first taste tester. With his seal of approval, I moved a platter of these flaky numbers to the buffet where they were soon devoured by my friends.
More Splendid Picnic Inspiration from My Sunday Supper Friends
This week, the Sunday Supper team is celebrating both Earth Day and National Picnic Day (who knew??) by sharing recipes to enjoy while picnicking in the great outdoors! It will be at least another couples weeks before the weather around here is conducive to dining al fresco, but before too long Memorial Day will be upon us.
Then you’ll be happy to have this marvelous list of recipes from which to pick and choose for your next picnic. I’d suggest starting with some pepperoni pinwheels, but I may be biased!
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa with Southwest Style Chips by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Honey Mustard Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Burger Ice Cream by Brunch with Joy
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous Veggie Salad with Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Tangy Brussels Coleslaw with Fennel, Chopped Apples and Golden Raisins by Simply Healthy Family
Soups and Salads:
- Barley and Rice Salad by Family Foodie
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Nicoise Salad by The Petit Gourmet
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Honey Mustard Pepperoni Pinwheels
An irresistible combination of buttery pastry, pepperoni, cheese and mustard! Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Category: appetizer
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator (I use Dufour brand, 14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Honey-Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- Mix together the Asiago cheese, thyme, oregano and pepper and set aside.
- On a very lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry just to smooth out the seams. Spread mustard over surface of puff pastry, leaving a one-inch plain border at one of the long edges. Arrange the pepperoni over the mustard, then sprinkle with the Asiago mixture.
- Brush plain border with egg. Starting at side opposite plain border, roll up pastry, then press along the seam to seal. Transfer the roll, seam side down, to a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line second baking pan with parchment.
- Cut each pastry roll into about thirty 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place pinwheels to prepared sheets. Bake 15 minutes or till golden. Serve warm.
Prep time does not include chilling times.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.