Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares: Puff pastry filled with meats, cheeses and roasted peppers for a man-pleasing appetizer! Ladies love it, too!!!
Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares
Antipasto Squares were one of the first recipes I shared on my blog, back in the days of using a point and shoot camera, no food styling, and very little text in my posts. They were made with sheets of crescent roll dough filled with cheeses, charcuterie, and roasted bell peppers.
So tasty as long as you’re focusing on the scrumptious combination of ingredients and not on the amount of fat and calories in each bite. I thought I’d update these winners and created Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares to serve to my book club.
Antipasto Appetizer Recipe
One of my foodie friends shared this antipasto appetizer recipe a few years back. I tracked down the original to the Pillsbury site where it appeared to have been a bake-off winner. Feel free to use your favorite cheeses and deli meats. Add some sliced olives or other favorite antipasto ingredients.
I upped the cheeses and meats since the puff pastry made a thicker base and topping than the crescent rolls. These Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares were quite a hearty appetizer and would also make a lovely light dinner with a tossed green salad.
Adapted from Pillsbury
- 2 14-ounce packages all butter puff pastry (I use Dufour brand)
- 7 ounces Swiss cheese
- 7 ounces Provolone cheese
- 6 ounces Genoa salami
- 6 ounces Prosciutto
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Small jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 450º. Place a layer of parchment on a half sheet pan.
- Lightly roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a floured board. Layer this puff pastry onto the bottom of the pan. Then layer salami, provolone, prosciutto, Swiss cheese, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with the chopped red peppers. Cover with the remaining puff pastry and press around edges to seal. Chill about 30 minutes. Cut a few diagonal slashes across top of puff pastry. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, till puffed and browned. Cool and slice into squares.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 992mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g