I served two amazing cheesy dips at my most recent book club gathering. This Jalapeno Popper Dip was a definite winner!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
My book club has high expectations when they come to my house for a meeting. All my book club friends are terrific cooks and hostesses. No one ever goes away hungry after one of our gatherings.
But I have a reputation to uphold. And I do so gladly. The trouble with being a food blogger is that you have to take decent photos of your food in order to share on one’s blog. And when you’re cooking all day, trying to make the house presentable and then quickly taking photos of the appetizers as they come out of the oven, you often fail to get that “money shot.”
But when chatting with one of my book club friends a couple weeks later, she referred to this jalapeno popper dip and my crab dip the two best dips she’s ever eaten. And this is my talented friend who makes exquisite jams and jellies and is not lacking in culinary skills one bit. So quite the compliment! I knew I’d add them to my queue.
Cheesy Dips x 2
First up is the popper dip. I took some cues from other recipes on the web, and roasted my own jalapenos and added chopped bacon. I could have made a meal out of this.
Bill thought it was terrific until the heat of the peppers hit his taste buds. I thought it had the perfect spicy kick. But he had nothing but praise for the crab dip and fixed himself a little starter after work with the leftovers.
I spotted a recipe on the McCormick website that was superb. Chunks of lump crab meat were mixed with cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheddar and seasoned with Old Bay and dried mustard and mingled together famously. I added diced red bell pepper for color, but otherwise kept to this scrumptious Cheesy Crab Dip recipe.
More Dips You’ll Love:
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Easy Dill Pickle Dip
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Jalapeno Popper Dip
A cheesy, spicy dip that will get raves from your company!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (hold back a couple tablespoons to sprinkle on dip before baking)
- 4 large jalapenos, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted baguette slices, to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375º
- With a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese and sour cream till smooth, mix in the cheddar and Parmesan, then stir in the jalapenos and bacon.
- Spread into a greased 8×8 casserole dish. Sprinkle with some reserved Parmesan if desired. Bake for 15 minutes or till hot. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Only one decent photo of the crab dip, but I promise that it’s marvelous, too!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.