Just a few ingredients turn an ordinary vegetable into these flavorful Mustardy Haricots Verts. Easy enough for a weeknight side dish, yet special enough to serve company!
Mustardy Haricots Verts Recipe
About as fancy as I get when making vegetables is roasting them with some olive oil and dusting with Parmesan. Or adding some garlic and lemon zest to a saute. It was time to up my game a bit and these mustardy haricots vert sure hit the spot!
But these little tweaks are perfect for holidays or when you want a slightly fancier side dish without a lot of effort. For these green beans, I steamed frozen haricots verts and tossed them with a mustard vinaigrette filled with briny kalamata olives. As Ina would say, how easy is that???
Flavorful Mediterranean Green Beans
I served these amped up green beans over the Christmas holidays. I was unsure what the picky hubby would think as green olives with pimento are more his style. But he was an instant fan. A lovely side dish that pairs well with loads of different entrees, these mustardy haricots verts also would also be ideal picnic fare as they taste terrific at room temperature.
I love that this is not your ordinary side dish. Something a little different, a little special. When you have a crazy busy holiday, these Mediterranean inspired green beans are a lovely option for you menu. But also great for a weeknight to jazz things up a bit! Keep this lovely recipe on your radar!
What’s your favorite way to jazz up a vegetable side dish?
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Garlic Lemon Green Beans Recipe from She Wears Many Hats
- Asian Green Beans
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan and Basil from Rachel Cooks
- Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Sesame Ginger Garlic Green Beans from Country Cleaver
Mustardy Haricots Verts
Green beans tossed with a mustardy vinaigrette for an easy side dish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Vegetables, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1/3 cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen haricots vert
- Place olives in a serving bowl. Whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, sugar and olive oil. Pour mixture into the bowl with the olives. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Cook beans till tender-crisp, then drain and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When beans are cool, drain thoroughly and add to serving bowl. Toss and serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.