These Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies pair together the delicious combination of chocolate and caramel that’s impossible to resist. Baking up chewy chocolate cookies stuffed with a caramel candy created some mighty tasty cookies!
These Easy Chocolate Caramel Cookies will give you your chocolate and caramel fix! Just try to resist going back for seconds!
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
These gooey caramel filled chocolate cookies were a delightful treat! Any chocolate dessert with caramel involved is a winner in my book. This simple chocolate cookie with a molten caramel center wasn’t complicated to make and hit my sweet spot.
I did make a few sans caramel for the hubby, whose taste buds I have to question on a daily basis. But he does a huge percentage of my dishes, so let’s just keep that between us. Nick was home from college for fall break; and since he’s as big of a fan as this combo as I am, he received a nice care package to take back to school. Katie gave her seal of approval, too, microwaving her cookies for a few seconds before eating for an utterly delicious and gooey dessert experience.
Tips for Making These Easy Chocolate Caramel Cookies
This delightful combination of chocolate and caramel makes the most dreamy cookies. But a few tips will help keep the caramel inside your cookies.
- PRO-Tip: Chilling or freezing your caramels will help minimize leakage as the cookies bake.
- I recommend using a soft type of packaged caramels instead of the usual Kraft caramels, which can get really hard after cooled.
- Also chill the dough before wrapping it around the caramels. This will help the cookies keep their shape while baking.
- To make consistently sized cookies, use a cookie scoop to parcel out the dough.
- After filling the dough ball with the caramel candy, roll it between your palms to make them nice and round.
- Rolling with sugar before baking is a nice finishing touch.
- PRO-Tip: If any of your baked cookies are misshapen, tap the perimeters with your spatula while they’re hot to reshape.
- Let your cookies cool on the baking sheet a few minutes before moving them to the cooling rack. This will prevent accidental leakage of the warm caramel filling.
Suggested Tools for Baking Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies:Medium Cookie Scoop: I have a drawer full of cookie scoops, from 1/4 cup capacity to a teaspoon size. My OXO scoops are truly the best of the bunch and help you scoop out equal portions of cookie dough consistently. Cookie Spatula: Made of silicone to resist high heat, this perfectly sized non-stick spatula easily lifts cookies from your baking sheets. Non-Stick Half Sheet Pan: Perfect for a batch of cookies or a sheet cake with a non-stick surface that eliminates the need to grease or use parchment. It’s very sturdy with a rounded rim for easy gripping.
More Chocolate Cookies You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Quadruple Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Layered Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- Killer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Earthquake Cookies
- More Easy Cookie Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 36 soft caramel candies, unwrapped*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough. Press each piece of dough around a caramel. Roll into a ball. Roll cookie ball in remaining sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Total time does not include chilling time.
*You may want to freeze your caramels for an hour or more before using to help prevent any leakage. I used Lancaster brand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 2g