This Vanilla Bean Instant Pot Cheesecake brought some lovely sweetness into our chaotic lives. We’re going through a major renovation at our house and I am without a kitchen! But food bloggers are perseverant and I turned to the Instant Pot for dessert.
I was shocked by my first taste of this instant pot dessert. Cooked under pressure, enveloped with steam, I was certain the crust would be wet and unappealing. But much to my delight, the crust was perfect and the cheesecake was ultra-smooth and creamy!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.
Vanilla Bean Instant Pot Cheesecake
Who knew that a cheesecake cooked in a pressure cooker could result in the silkiest cheesecake my family and I have ever tasted?! Too bad it was only 6 inches in diameter, though maybe our coronary arteries are breathing a sigh of relief.
Being without a kitchen (and dishwasher!) has pushed me to think outside the box. AND to take my Instant Pot out of its box. I dusted off my smallest springform pan and got to work on this vanilla bean instant pot cheesecake.
Pressure Cooker Dessert
Besides shortening the cooking time, a pressure cooker also steams the cheesecake resulting in a super moist, creamy dessert. The texture of this instant pot cheesecake was noticeably denser and silkier than any cheesecake of late that’s come from my kitchen. And I’ve made a LOT of delicious cheesecakes of late.
More Instant Pot Desserts You’ll Love:
- Pressure Cooker Chocolate Pots de Creme from Pressure Cooking Today
- Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake from Boulder Locavore
- 20 Instant Pot Cake Recipes from Living Locurto
Plus More Delicious Cheesecake Recipes:
- Twix Cheesecake
- Ganache Topped Cheesecake
- Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake
- Also, this Easy Chocolate Pudding Cake is perfect for dessert when time is tight!
- More Best Dessert Recipes
You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Long Handled Silicone Trivet — this is the perfect tool to help you lift the cheesecake out of the IP! Or create homemade sling out of foil.
- 6-inch Springform Pan
- Instant Pot
- Vanilla Bean Paste — use instead of vanilla extract (substitute in equal amounts) to get the iconic specks of vanilla in your desserts
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cream
Spray a 6-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Wrap the pan in a layer of aluminum foil and set aside.
If you don't own silicone IP sling (see link above), make a homemade version with foil (link to complete instructions above).
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a small bowl. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan and about an inch up the sides.
Beat the cream cheese with your mixer fit with a paddle attachment until smooth, then add sugar and vanilla bean paste and mix until combined.
Beat in eggs, one at a time just until incorporated, then mix in cream.
Scrape out the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot, then place trivet in the bottom. Place your sling over the trivet, then set the cheesecake on top of the sling.
Seal your pressure cooker and set on high pressure for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the pressure to reduce naturally.
Carefully remove cheesecake from the instant pot to a cooling rack. Use a paper towel to dab any moisture that has accumulated on the surface. When cooled to room temperature, place in the refrigerator and chill overnight for the best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 133mg Sodium: 274mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g