When hosting a baby shower, Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes were apropos. These strawberry topped mini cheesecakes were the perfect finale to a lovely brunch.
This Mini Cheesecake Recipe created 3 bite cheesecakes with graham cracker crusts and a lovely, luscious vanilla specked filling. Topping with some whipped cream and a fresh strawberry half made for a beautiful presentation!
Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes
A dear friend and neighbor’s daughter was making her a grandmother. Katie went to school with our oldest and grew up just two doors down. I was honored to host her baby shower.
With my co-hostesses, we came up with a simple brunch menu and bite sized desserts would be my contribution. Mini cheesecakes are easy, delicious and can be dolled up very simply. The most challenging part of making this cheesecake recipe was finding beautiful ripe strawberries. Crazy that they were so elusive this summer!
How to Make a Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Unlike a muffin tin, this pan has removable bottoms, making the cheesecakes easy to remove. Beware, a reader bought another brand of pan and a similar recipe made enough batter for more than one batch.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature, especially the eggs and cream cheese. This ensures a smooth, creamy filling.
- Use a paddle attachment to mix the cheesecake filling. The whisk attachment will incorporate air and the results won’t be the typical dense and luscious cheesecake texture. If you use the whisk, make sure not to over-mix.
- Vanilla bean paste provides the distinctive look of vanilla bean specks, a clue to the flavor of this cheesecake recipe.
- If you don’t want to invest in vanilla bean paste, an equal amount of vanilla extract can be substituted.
- Never use imitation vanilla. The quality and flavor will never come close to the real stuff.
- Chill your cheesecakes well before removing from the pan and garnishing. Overnight is recommended.
- The options for topping these versatile cheesecakes are endless: berries and cream, caramel sauce, white or dark chocolate ganache are a few suggestions.
- Check out my post on the Guide to Making the Ultimate Cheesecakes for everything you need to know about making cheesecakes!
More Mini Desserts
- Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
- Caramel Topped Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes
- Oreo Cheesecakes
- Mini S’mores Tarts
- Pecan Tassies
- Individual Vanilla Flans
- Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes
- More Delicious Dessert Recipes
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (vanilla extract can be substituted)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together crust ingredients. Tamp about 1 1/2 teaspoons into each well of your cheesecake pan.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Make cheesecake batter by beating together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, using paddle attachment if available. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
One at a time, mix in eggs until incorporated. Mix in vanilla bean paste.
Divide the batter between the wells in your cheesecake pan. Smooth tops with an offset spatula if needed.
Bake for 18-2o minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Chill overnight in pan, covering with plastic wrap or foil keeping it above the cheesecakes' surfaces. After chilling, remove from pan and garnish as desired to serve.
Serving Size:1 cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g